I have worked as a child minder for 7 years and changed in 2018 into undertaking a nanny role (self employed). I have 3 children of my own which has given me years of hands on experience.
During my time as a child minder we have been to adventure farms; Alton Towers; the beach at Prestatyn; Manchester on the train; snow dome; ice skating; walks with the dogs; Biddulph Country Park; Ilam stepping stones; Biddulph Grange; cinema visits; Hanley park; Keddleston Hall; Calke Abbey around the garden of imagination to name a few and I intend to continue to offer the same wide range of experiences. Please note any activities would be age appropriate. I enjoy taking children on outings and providing an enriching well rounded experience.
We will plan to have fun and learn together. I love caring for children and supporting their development.
Whilst in my care, children will be encouraged to participate in a variety of activities to promote their social, physical, intellectual and emotional development. Activities could include (but not limited to) clubs, indoor or outdoor play, going to the park, shopping trips, visits to the local library, to name but a few. Activities could include drawing and painting, gardening, sowing seeds, modelling clay, books and dvd’s, sticking and gluing, puzzles, shape sorters, board games, cooking and domestic activities and singing dancing etc.
I have worked in childcare for the last 7 years as a self employed child minder. I have completed numerous training courses and received qualifications which are listed below. Being a mother myself: I feel I understand what is involved with raising children - my children are all teenagers now. It was a natural progression to move into child care since having my three children and I am still enjoying it and the job satisfaction it provides.
• Early Years Foundation Stage Principles into Practice and Development/Welfare Requirements – 25.11.09
• Paediatric First Aid – 25.01.10
• Creativity and Critical Thinking (L&D) – 27.05.10
• Equality and Diversity – 02.07.10
• Introduction to Childcare Practice – September 2010
• Safeguarding Awareness Level 1 Unit A – 27.09.10
• Developing Partnerships with Parents and Families – 29.09.10
• Level 2 Award in Food Safety in Catering – 09.10.10
• Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Early Years Unit 1 – 16.10.10
• Progress Matters workshop – 21.10.10
• Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Early Years Unit 2 – 06.11.10
• Safeguarding Awareness Level 1 Unit B – 27.01.11
• Every Child a Talker – 21.03.11
• Introduction to the Common Assessment Framework and Information Sharing – 07.04.11
• Writing for All 03.11.11
• Paediatric First Aid June and July 2012
• Fire Safety Awareness 9th July 2012
• Equality and Diversity 11th July 2012
• Level 2 Food Safety 19th July 2012
• Health and Safety Unit 1; 14th November 2012
• Safeguarding Awareness Level 1 Unit A 4th February 2013
• Safeguarding Awareness Level 1 Unit B 4th March 2013
• Promoting Positive Behaviour in the Early Years Unit 2 July 2013
• Nutrition and Healthy eating August 2013
• An Introduction to Schemas October 2013
• Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD) January 2014
• Child Development January 2014
• Outdoor Environments February 2014
• Refresher in Food Safety March 2014
• Understanding children’s behaviour November 2014
• Forum on Early Years Pupil Premium 03 March 2015
• Ofsted getting to good workshop 17 March 2015
• Safeguarding Level 1 May 2015
• Paediatric First Aid Course June 2015
• Partnership forum 12 September 2015
• Partnership forum 16 November 2015
• Partnership forum – teaching and play in the early years – a balancing act? 08 February 2016
• Course - Are you meeting the requirements of the Childcare Register? 16 March 2016
• Level 3 Diploma in childcare (Early Years Educator) Feb 2015 – June 2016
• Course - Effective Transitions (PVI) 04 July 2016
• Partnership forum - Childhood Obesity: Appetite for Action 11 July 2016
• Food Safety Level 2 02 July 2017
• Paediatric First Aid - February 2018
My usual working hours are 7.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday but I can be flexible.
Childcare can be provided outside these hours by prior arrangement.
Full and part time vacancies are available.
Holiday cover is also provided.
I can also drop off and collect from St Edward's First School, Cheddleton.
|Last Updated: 28/02/2018|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £10.00 per hour (gross)
My rates are £10.00 per hour and include up to 2 children (additional siblings extra)
Any admission costs for children on outings are to be paid for by the parent and are to be paid for in advance.
Payment will be required daily or weekly.
No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.