OFSTED OUTSTANDING IN ALL AREAS (inspected 2018). Welcome to the ZooZoo family and come and celebrate with us! This is what Ofsted says about us…
• The quality and standards of the early years provision: OUTSTANDING
• Effectiveness of the leadership and management: OUTSTANDING
• Quality of teaching, learning and assessment: OUTSTANDING
• Personal development, behaviour and welfare: OUTSTANDING
• Outcomes for children: OUTSTANDING
Summary of key findings for parents:
• This provision is outstanding.
• The exceptionally dedicated and skilled childminder works extremely closely with her assistant. Together they strive to maintain consistently high standards, including parents and children in their deeply reflective evaluation of the service they provide.
• The childminder uses her detailed knowledge of child development to provide a very exciting range of activities that inspires and challenges children. The childminder and her assistant are exceptionally skilled in identifying and making the most of learning opportunities as they arise during activities that children choose for themselves.
• Observation, assessment and planning arrangements are both rigorous and meticulous. Accurate assessments are used extremely well to identify precisely what children need to learn next.
• The highly qualified childminder swiftly identifies any gaps in children’s learning. She promptly implements detailed plans to help to ensure that all children receive the specific support they need to make excellent progress.
• Children are extremely happy and settle well in the friendly, homely and caring environment that the childminder and her assistant have created.
• The childminder has established exceptional partnerships with parents and other settings children attend. She diligently shares information about children’s development, such as her online observations, to provide continuity in children’s learning.
What else does Ofsted say about us..?
• The childminder cares deeply about the children and families who attend her provision and is passionate in her pursuit of excellence.
• Children’s safety is of the utmost importance.
• The childminder and her assistant have a superb knowledge of what each child needs to learn next and act as playful partners.
• Children develop extremely close bonds with the childminder and her assistant.
• Both are exceptional role models.
• The childminder and her assistant have extremely high expectations of children’s behaviour.
• All children are exceedingly well behaved.
• Children are superbly taught about the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
• Children enthusiastically play in the vibrant outdoor area.
• Children are highly motivated learners.
• All children demonstrate the qualities of highly successful learners.
• They are taught extremely valuable skills that help to prepare them for the next stage in their learning, including their eventual move to school.
Welcome to ZooZoo Childcare – an ‘OFSTED OUTSTANDING’ childminding setting in Haydock, St Helens. The aim of our setting is to provide a welcoming and friendly family home environment with both male and female adult role models, where siblings and friends can play together, care for various pets and go on outings just as they would at home. As parents ourselves we understand the difficult choices parents face when choosing childcare, so we treat all children like our own and welcome them into our ZooZoo family. We have experience of caring professionally for all ages of children from newborn babies up to teenage years.
At ZooZoo Childcare we have now celebrated two ‘OFSTED OUTSTANDING’ judgements as well as being one of the three finalists for the ‘Nursery World Childminder of the Year’ award. We encourage creativity in the children by including music, art and craft in their daily lives. We also nurture a love for animals, nature, gardening and the outdoors by getting the children learning outside whenever we can. Previous staff roles include primary school teacher and deputy nursery manager.
• Ofsted registered
• PACEY member
• Local authority registered
• ICO registered
• First aid qualified
• Full and enhanced DBS checked
Please contact us for more information and availability - make sure you book well in advance as our places fill up very quickly.
We look after babies from birth and offer government funded places for 2, 3 and 4 year olds – both the 15 and 30 hours options. As well as caring for children aged 0-4 we also offer school wraparound consisting of breakfast club with cereal and after school club with evening meal. During school holidays we offer childcare to children from any school which means that we can welcome back children we minded years ago as well as add new children to our ZooZoo family.
We have a strong commitment to our continuing professional development and we attend regular meetings with St Helens Early Years Team as well as accessing regular training to keep our knowledge and practice up to date and relevant. Full CPD records are available to view on request and include Degree in Early Years and Music, Level 3 Diploma, Diploma in Home-Based Childcare, Paediatric First Aid, Enhanced DBS, Safeguarding, Food Safety, Type 1 Diabetes Management, various Speech/Language training certificates and others.
Please contact us for more information and current availability. Thank you for taking the time to read our profile, we look forward to hearing from you, ZooZoo Childcare.
|Last Updated: 20/03/2019|
- Childminding from £3.00 per hour
Please contact us directly for more information based on your family’s needs.
Payment - we accept workplace childcare vouchers, tax-free childcare, government funding and bank transfers.
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
Below are the latest reviews for ZooZoo. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Our daughter has been attending ZooZoo for almost 2 years now. When she first started she was shy and hadn’t mixed a lot with other children so I was worried how she would take to it but I needn’t have. Victoria and Gareth are simply amazing, they encouraged and gently built Hattie’s confidence. After just a couple of times she was asking to go every day!
The activities are brilliant and varied, they are always up to something be it a summer walk and picnic or messy play, singing and story times. ZooZoobury festival has to be seen to be appreciated - it is Hattie’s (and our!) most favourite time of the year they have flags, music tents and even make their own tie dye t-shirts! They dance and play and Victoria and Gareth put so much thought and work into it it’s a triumph.
At ZooZoo they are passionate about nature and the environment - they have a vegetable garden where they grow and eat their own food, they do nature walks and care for animals and they even grew and released their own butterflies 🦋
Hattie’s confidence and development have soared since she started going, she absolutely loves her ‘ZooZoo friends’ and they are a huge part of her life. I can’t praise Victoria and Gareth enough. They are kind and fun and the genuine love they have for the children shines through! They see every child as an individual and foster their own little personalities. They have become like family to our daughter and to us and I’m so happy she goes there!
When I accepted a new job I had to look for some childcare for my daughter in addition to that which is provided by my family. I was amazed by the reviews of ZooZoo and happy that they had space to take my daughter in their setting.
My daughter struggled so much being away from her familiar adults but Victoria and Gareth worked so hard to support her (and us!) through this. She had some wobbles early on but absolutely loves going to ZooZoo now! She often asked on a Sunday if it is a "Victoria and Gareth day!"
Her development has been amazing since she started at ZooZoo. The programme of activities and celebration of focussed weeks (such as 'pie week' and nature) mean that Robyn often comes home with a new interest in something. She tells us all about her day every evening with so much enthusiasm, and her speech is fantastic.
Robyn talks about her friends at ZooZoo all the time and looks forward to seeing them. It's really reassuring to know I'm leaving her in capable hands with people that she loves. Victoria and Gareth (and the other children) are supportive of helping Robyn to branch out and try new foods.
Victoria and Gareth provide frequent updates via the app which means I never feel far away. both have been supportive of our endeavours in potty training too! All processes and policies and extremely professional.
Thank you so much. We feel really lucky to have found you.
Excellent setting and care. Daisy absolutely loves Zoo Zoo. She quickly became part of the ‘Zoo Zoo family’. I cannot recommend Victoria and Gareth enough. Daisy’s confidence and speech has come on amazingly!
Our daugher struggled to settle down in the nursery for 2 months. After long searches we have contacted ZooZoo and booked the appointment to come and have a look around. Myself and my wife were amazed from the first time we walked in. Cleanliness of the place, food and comunication was on top level. Never experienced same with other childminders and nurseries. It felt strait away that Victoria and Gareth are treating all children like their own, withing couple of days our daughter settled down and started asking about going back to ZooZoo. We saw huge progress in daughter development from the day she started ZooZoo. She improved her language (as english is her second language) and social skills. We saw big difference in building relationships with other children. We can't imagine better place for our daughter. Will recomend to everyone.
Since starting at Zoo Zoos in September due to a recommendation from a colleague, my 3 year old has come on so much in such a short amount of time. Gareth and Victoria are so friendly and made us both feel welcome during our first visit. We felt so comfortable we didn’t visit anywhere else!
The setting is very welcoming and bright with a variety of enriching learning opportunities. In particular, the outdoor area is very impressive and can be accessed throughout the day (covered area).
It is always lovely hearing from Gareth/Victoria about the day and the apps used are excellent. It’s great seeing pictures, videos and updates. My daughter regularly comes home with art and craft work, and loves going out on adventures and walks.
Both Gareth and Victoria have been extremely supportive with outside agencies involved and are pro-active in supporting my daughter’s needs.
I cannot fault the care that my daughter receives. Gareth and Victoria are kind and nurturing people who work hard to look after and support the children in their care. It’s lovely seeing lots of familiar faces who drop their children off and hearing lots of wonderful things about the amazing care their children also receive. I would highly recommend Zoo Zoos to anybody wanting the best for their children.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.