BABY NOT SLEEPING OR NEEDING POSTNATAL CARE?
Having a new baby is an indescribable experience. It’s a new level of joy and love that you can barely put into words... Partially because it’s magical, and partially because you are totally exhausted.
When your baby has no semblance of a schedule, is up all night and cannot settle him or herself, things can get a bit tricky.
You end up sitting in your rocking chair at 3am Googling “get baby to sleep” after which, thousands of results pop up. Cry it out. Attachment. Ferber. No-cry. The list goes on.
You want your baby to feel loved, cared for, and RESTED but so far, nothing you’ve tried has worked.
If only there was a magical baby sleep fairy who could swoop in and help you figure out the right method for your baby. Someone who would come to your house (hop on Skype or even jump on a plane) and talk it over with you, without any judgement. Someone who has helped hundreds of babies sleep peacefully through the night using a holistic approach and gentle methods.
Oh, wait, there is. It’s me!
Hi there, I’m Jennifer, founder of 'MY NEWBORN'. I've been helping babies (and parents!) sleep through the night for over 14 years.
I know what it takes to get your baby into a healthy sleep routine (and no, it’s not tears and screaming for hours on end). I use gentle techniques to help your baby learn to self-soothe and get into a regular sleep routine based on his or her natural cycles.
Adjusting to having a newborn is hard enough. Give yourself the gift of sleep and contact me today!
Postnatal care is designed to support new parents in all aspects of their baby’s care, providing constant guidance while they adjust to having a new member of the family. This package is for families who want to get their baby off to a good start, early on, by establishing a gentle routine, positive sleep habits, hints and tips preventing unnecessary wakes.
Postnatal care is tailored to suit the client’s needs and can include:
- Blocks of 24hr care (up to 6 months, 5 days a week);
- Postnatal care during the day or night or a combination of both; or
- Respite during the first few weeks whilst you recover from the childbirth.
The first few months with your newborn, whilst incredibly rewarding, can also be extremely challenging! Postnatal care helps parents gain vital knowledge about many aspects of caring for their newborn, which allows parents to have a much more relaxed and enjoyable relationship with the newest member of the family. For many parents, the challenges and responsibilities of caring for a newborn may be a little daunting and gaining knowledge from a professional may help to develop more confidence and allow for parents to have a much smoother first few months at home.
At MY NEWBORN, we also help to avoid sleeping problems that can occur later on as we are available to help structure your baby’s feeding and sleeping patterns from day one. Establishing a gentle routine, right from the beginning, will determine how quickly your baby will learn to sleep through the night.
Why struggle, when you can have a professional guide you every step of the way?
What is involved in a Postnatal Care?
During the Postnatal placement, we educate you on your baby's sleep cycles and how they change throughout their development. We provide you with information on how to care for and establish good feeding and sleeping routine for your newborn, which can then be maintained long after the placement has ended.
Postnatal Care is designed to provide you with knowledge and reassurance and offer you a sense of security during those physically and mentally exhausting first few weeks after childbirth. This is an invaluable service for first time mothers, mothers that don’t have family support close at hand, parents with twins or triplets and for mothers that have delivered by caesarean.
A comforting presence and a willing pair of hands at 3am can make an enormous difference. At MY NEWBORN, we will assist with breast feeding and any problems arising from it, teaching first time mothers how to bathe your newborn and become comfortable around baby, helping establish a gentle routine and providing moral support for the mother when she most needs it.
What are the benefits of postnatal care?
There are number of benefits of postnatal care including:
- Postpartum guidance and support;
- Obtaining advice for establishing good practices;
- Gaining confidence;
- Developing coping strategies for early days with your baby;
- Promoting good sleeping and feeding habits;
- Getting the rest you need after giving birth;
- Overcoming ‘settling in’ problems;
- Reducing the chance of postnatal depression;
- Reducing anxieties with new baby;
- Promoting bonding with your little one;
- Enhancing your parenting skills; and
- Receiving practical demonstrations.
I have been working with newborns, children and their families for over 14 years, operating as maternity nurse, sleep specialist and professional nanny, assisting and educating parents in newborn care, feeding, sleep training and routine establishment.
In 2006, I qualified as a fully accredited Maternity Practitioner from the Maternity Nurse Training College at Reading University and since then, have specialised in postnatal care for new families and gentle sleep training for babies aged 6 months and older. I have helped countless exhausted parents in get their newborns into the correct sleeping routine.
My specialty has taken me to the UK, Europe, America, Australia and Asia, having worked with an array of clientele - from European royalty through to new mums and dads, seeking a bit of assistance in looking after the newest members of their families.
I am qualified Birthing Doula and MNT Maternity Nurse and have recently completed a Diploma of Maternity and Child Sleep, through the International Maternity and Parenting institute in San Francisco.
Prior to qualifying as a Maternity Practitioner, I spent 9 years working as a private nanny, looking after children of all ages, from infancy right through to 16 years of age. Throughout my career, I have cared for hundreds of singletons, 33 sets of twins, two sets of triplets and children with special needs .
My passion is to work with families to offer an objective approach to developing healthy sleep habits that are age and developmentally appropriate for my clients’ needs, lifestyle and values.
I live a very healthy lifestyle and enjoy yoga, pilates, cooking and travelling the world (51 countries and counting).
Look forward to speak with you soon,
Skills and Expertise:
• Educating and assisting parents with their birthing plans;
• Assisting with breastfeeding and postpartum newborn care;
• Implementing age appropriate feeding and sleeping routines;
• Monitoring the emotional status of mother once discharged from hospital;
• Educating parents regarding their options in sleep shaping for older babies and implementation of a sleeping program;
• Educating the father and older siblings in aspects of newborn care to support the mother;
• Conveying numerous methods for postpartum care relating to feeding, hygiene, clothing, newborn’s environment; and
• Carrying out all childcare/nanny related duties at an extremely professional level.
Education and Formal Training:
• Birthing Doula – Australian Doula College – Sydney;
• Maternity and Child Sleep Diploma – International Maternity Institute
• MNT OCN Maternity Practitioners’ Award – Reading University, London;
• Understanding settling techniques and sleep in babies and toddlers – Southern Cross University, Gold Coast, Australia;
• Children’s Sleep Training – MNT Reading University, London;
• Post Natal Depression Training – MNT Reading University, London;
• Breastfeeding Workshop – MNT Reading University, London;
• Baby care for nannies – MNT Reading University, London;
• Emergency Pediatric First Aid Course – MNT Reading University, London;
• Pediatric First Aid Training – Australia;
• Sleep Guidance Program – Night Nannies; and
• Dunstan Baby Language Course – Night Nannies.
|Last Updated: 11/02/2020|
- Maternity Nursing from £20.00 per hour (gross)
I offer online sleep support starting from 200GBP.
For more details of my consultancy rates and hourly fees for day and night time support, please contact me directly.
No reviews have been submitted for this Maternity Nurse.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.