KEY: Experienced nanny and teacher, a mother of two, qualified as a Spanish tutor and Early Years instructor level 4. Working towards BA (Honours) in Language Studies - distance learning.
First of all, thank you for taking the time to look at my profile.
I consider myself as a very hard-working, passionate individual. I always work to my best standards, with over six years of childcare experience and more than three years of teaching experience.
I am passionate about both children and teaching, attentive, and adaptable to new working environments, great team-worker. Moreover, I have great organizational skills and time management.
As on a teaching view of things, I praise myself for using learned and natural skills to best help each student's needs, encouraging and supportive to individual strengths and weaknesses, I am aware of and support difference and ensure all pupils have equal access to opportunities to learn and develop. As well as establishing constructive relationships with pupils and interact with them according to individual needs, for example. As part of my current self-employed teaching/tutoring position, I am very experienced in lesson planning, preparing, and providing resources for students to work with to develop their learning considering, again, individual needs.
In terms of personal and professional skills that are useful in this specific role are excellent communication skills, patience, a friendly and approachable manner, respect for diversity in any area, and the ability to build healthy relationships with children and adults.
I am a native Spanish speaker, fluent in English and I also possess a basic knowledge of French, I can provide references as I have an excellent record of employer satisfaction.
?09/2020 - 01/2021 - Teaching assistant and teaching support withing SEND education settings. On supply basis.
- To support students with special needs in education throughout daily school activities.
- To assist teachers with classroom management and delivery of lessons.
- To engage with students at an excellent level to improve study abilities.
?04/2018 - 11/2020 - Private Spanish Tutor - Self Employed, Hartlepool.
- Updated required logs and student documentation to keep records accurate and current.
- Provided one-on-one and small group instruction to over 70 students.
- Assessed current levels and planned optimal educational strategies to help students improve their Spanish communication skills.
- Administered feedback to students using positive reinforcement techniques to encourage and build confidence.
- Collaborated with parents to create tutoring sessions appropriate for student's age, learning preference and learning style.
?2016 - 2020 Nanny/Babysitter roles- Private Employer, Wynyard.
?10/2014 - 08/2016 - Au Pair / Nanny - Different positions - Private Employers, Leicester and London.
Role (for all above nanny positions):
- Assisted children with homework to promote academic success.
- Offered positive and nurturing environments to support child social and emotional growth.
- Bathed, dressed and helped with teeth brushing to promote healthy personal hygiene.
- Established lasting, professional connections with families and children by encouraging open communication and delivering positive feedback.
- Organized extracurricular schedules for classes and provided safe transportation to these events.
- Coordinated different types of activities to enhance physical and intellectual development.
- Monitored schedules to maintain sleeping, eating and school schedules for children.
- Prepared healthy foods and beverages for children based on optimal dietary guidelines and individual restrictions.
- Applied positive behaviour management techniques to enhance social interactions and emotional development.
?Specifically, I have experience with:
-Children from birth to 16 years.
-Crafts and arts activities.
-Face painting and balloon modelling.
-Drama and sports activities.
-School drop-offs and pickups.
-Taking children to playgroups and other activities.
10/2019 - in progress - Diploma of Higher Education - BA Honours: Language Studies - The Open University.
10/2017 - 07/2019 - Certificate of Higher Education: Early Childhood Education - The Open University.
11/2015 - 01/2016 - Certificate in Spanish Teacher Training - Spanish As a foreign Language: Levels
A1-C2 - Tía Tula - School Of Spanish.
• Child Protection in Education - Level 2 – EduCare - 2020
• Safeguarding Young People - Level 2 - EduCare - 2020
• A Practical Guide to the GDPR for Education - Level 2 - EduCare - 2020
• Child Protection Refresher - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Equality and Diversity - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• First Aid Essentials - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Food Hygiene and Safety - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Health & Safety in Education: Senior Leadership & Management Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Health & Safety in Education: Staff Awareness Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Online Safety - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• Preventing Bullying - Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
• The SEND Code of Practice Level 2 – EduCare – 2020
|Last Updated: 07/01/2021|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £9.50 per hour (gross)
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Training Certificate: Certificate in Spanish Teacher Training (added 30/07/2020)
- Exam Certificate: Certificate of Higher Education: Early Childhood Education (added 30/07/2020)
- DBS Check (added 30/07/2020)
- First Aid Certificate: First Aids (added 04/02/2018)
- First Aid Certificate: Accident prevention certificate (added 04/02/2018)
- DBS Check (added 04/02/2018)
No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.