Woodway Kids's Reviews
Childminder
Parents say
Parents consistently praise this childminder for exceptional, loving care, treating children as family. Reviewers highlight strong communication, home-cooked meals, varied activities and excellent preparation for school, with children often exceeding expectations. Many describe lasting bonds and gratitude, calling her the best childminder they could have found, wholeheartedly recommended.
Summary generated by AI from the text of recent member reviews
Parent reviews
Below are the latest reviews for WOODWAY KIDS. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk members and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Brenda has been an incredible childminder and has supported both my son and me above and beyond anything I could have expected.
My son has been with Brenda since he was just seven months old, and he has now started Reception. To him, she is not simply his childminder — she is “Auntie Brenda” — which says so much about the bond, trust and affection that have developed over the years.
Looking at how confidently and happily he has made the transition into school, I can really see the impact of the time, care and effort Brenda has invested in him.
She has done so much more than simply care for him. She has consistently supported his learning and development, encouraged his curiosity and helped prepare him exceptionally well for starting school. In fact, he has entered Reception not only ready for school, but in many areas already exceeding expectations. His school has recognised this too, to the point that the Headteacher has contacted me to discuss how we can continue to support and develop him outside of school.
As a working parent, having someone I could trust with my child from such a young age has been invaluable. Brenda has supported us in ways that have often gone far beyond what I would normally expect from a childminder, and I will always be grateful for the role she has played in my son’s early years.
I would recommend Auntie Brenda wholeheartedly to any parent looking for someone who will genuinely care about their child’s wellbeing, development and future. she definitely gets more than five stars.
by
Jen
on 20/09/2026
Hi all,
I visited Brinda when my child's nursery shut down and when I say everything happens for a reason it's true. I couldn't have been happier, so welcoming, literally from home to home, but always keeping such a high professional standard. The children aren't just a number like what you see everywhere else. They are individuals and treated just like family. Brinda and all her staff are so so lovely. My child came on so well and with such support from them all. Fresh home cooked meals everyday. He started as part time and the hours soon increased because he loved going there. Being at brindas gave him so much confidence and he was amazing settling into reception when he left. Even though we miss everyone at woodway kids. He will be back during school holidays so we will still have contact.
Honestly, your be amazed, your child will be happy, learn through play, feel safe and won't want to leave.
The only negative....I wished I had found Brinda sooner.
Thank you for all your help, support and love not just to mine, but to all!
X
by
Bethany
on 19/09/2026
We couldn’t be happier with our experience at this nursery. Our son joined when he was just two years old and stayed until he was ready to start school.
The care he received was absolutely wonderful. The teachers are kind, caring, dedicated and genuinely passionate about the children. Everything is very well organised, and we always felt that our son was safe, happy and well looked after.
We also really appreciated the excellent communication and cooperation between the nursery and parents. We were always kept informed and felt listened to and supported throughout his time there.
Our son has now moved on to school, and although it was a little emotional saying goodbye, we are incredibly grateful for all the care, love and support he received during such an important stage of his life.
We would highly recommend this nursery to every parent. Thank you to the whole team for everything you have done for our son — we will always remember you with great appreciation! ❤️
by
Lorena
on 15/09/2026
We honestly couldn’t have asked for a better childminder. Our daughter was with Auntie Brinda and her wonderful team for around two years, and from the very beginning she was always so happy to go in every morning, which as a parent says everything.
The care she received was fantastic in every way. Communication was always great, and we always felt completely comfortable knowing she was happy, safe and genuinely cared for. She built such a lovely relationship with Auntie Brinda and the whole team and would happily talk about them and her day when she came home.
There was always plenty for the children to do, with lots of different activities, play and learning. The meals were also brilliant – varied, home-cooked and nutritious – and she was always very well looked after.
Over her time there, we watched her grow in confidence and independence and develop so much. It really did feel like a home-from-home environment rather than simply childcare.
We genuinely can’t fault our experience. The only reason we left was because it was time for her to start big school, otherwise we would have happily kept her there!
We’ll always be incredibly grateful to Auntie Brinda and the whole team for the love, care and support they gave our daughter over those two years. We couldn’t recommend them highly enough. ❤️
by
Bavinder
on 15/09/2026
Brinda and all the team are so amazing !
I do not know where to start, the setting is so amazing, they are from far the best.
Both my son and daughter attended.
My son has been with Brinda for 2 years, he will start reception in September and knows so much !!! My daughter was born at 31 week and she is so advance thanks to everything that she learned and how caring the team is.
If you are a mum with doubt and little anxiety about going to work and leaving your children just so you know your will be leaving them in good hands. Littleraly the best place for my children.
So many extra curriculum activities, she always goes above and beyond. Really the best place !
by
Nana
on 21/08/2025
MY son was with Brinda since he was 8 months. She is amazing with kids and my son really loved her ( now he is in school)
Always friendly and helping out in emergency situations ❤️ Brinda was my 1st choice when I was looking for childminder definitely best choice.
She always updated with pictures and news it was easy settling in. If you looking for childminder she definitely is the one ❤️ thank you for everything.
by
Zanda
on 22/09/2024
My two children attended Woodway for over 2 years, they was in a nursery first and I took them out after a few weeks because I didn’t get a good feeling about the nursery and I am extremely fussy about who I trust with my precious babies. Brinda and her team was honestly the best people I could have ever found to trust with my babies. They loved them like their own children. My kids are very clingy to me but they happily skipped off to "Brinda’s house” every morning and even asked to go there on weekends. Brinda goes above and beyond for the children in her care. My daughter was quite challenging but Brinda showed her nothing but care, kindness and patience. The kids confidence grew massively with Brinda and they had so much fun every day. She serves lovely healthy meals and the kids always came home happy with full tummies. Bringing them there was the best thing I ever did and even when I moved from Erdington to another area over 40 minutes away I still chose to keep the children at Woodway because we loved it! I was so sad when we had to leave and start a new journey at school, if I had it my way I’d keep my children there forever where I knew they was safe, happy and loved. My kids still talk about Brinda and her team and family now and she has made such a big impact on their lives, she will be a friend for life and Woodway team will always have a very special place in my heart. Couldn’t thank them enough for everything they’ve done for us.
If you’re looking for a kind, caring, fun and thoughtful childminder then I promise Brinda is the one!
by
Charley
on 18/09/2024
Brinda has been our childminder for over 4 years now, my son started when he was a few months old, we struggled to find the right person my son took to her straight away not like any other place we went. I was in between 2minds of childminder or nursery. I so glad we choose Woodway.
Brinda has exceeded all expectations, she treats each kid with the same love and care as she would her own, on the days they have been sick she cooked them all homemade soup with blankets each. We have had a few difficult moments with our son, Brinda has been involved through every stage offering support and care. They all are fed amazing, even if they may be picky with yourself they will eat good with Brinda. She’s just been a godsend!! .
My son is now in school, and still is asking to see her, I feel like they have such a strong bond to Woodway even after leaving.
The education - now my son is in school, he is so far advanced because of Woodway, that he is finding it all too easy. What he is now doing in school, the Woodway kids where doing from the age of 2 years old! Brinda deserves an outstanding rating, as there’s nothing that I can think of that she does not do with the kids.
We even had daily books on what they done, what he drank, what foods he eaten, toilet info ect.
The garden is big, the setting has everything and more, the staff are amazing, the food is fresh and the kids get involved with cooking, my son will cook with me every time. Day trips.
You are also updated of any concerns or achievements, with pictures. Milestone reports are updated regularly. Brinda is always happy to spend time to have you for a one to one if needed. It’s all you could want and more, looking at my friends nursery/childminders I can’t not stress enough how good woodway actually is 10/10.
by
SHANICE
on 18/10/2023
My daughter loves going to Brinda’s.
She is a lovely woman that gets really involved in the kids education, health…
Brinda has helped me a lot as my daughter has learning disabilities.
The setting is a big place with a huge garden for the kids to enjoy.
Is not just a childminder that look after kids, she has her activities planed for the day and my daughter has learned a lot with them.
Also They are makaton trained which is really good for non verbal kids.
She also Cook’s all the meals, which are really healthy and nutritional.
I highly recommend Brindas setting.
by
Maria
on 18/07/2023
Our family loved Brinda so much she is the best childminder!
My daughter have loved her time with Brinda She's really kind and has provided a wonderful, safe and nurturing environment. My daughter have learned loads with her through play and fun creative activities. She always helped us with everything
Unfortunately we moved so we were sad that we have to leave her place 😫 we going to miss her
by
Madara
on 15/02/2023
We don't know what we would do without Woodway Kids. Brinda is absolutely amazing and to us she now feels like family. She welcomed our little boy into her home and cares for him like she would care for her own babies. Can't praise her and the other girls enough.
by
Charlene
on 01/06/2022
I always tell everyone that Brinda is a Godsend! She has always helped me in many ways; being a single mom, student and having 2 jobs, she has been the perfect help during this past year. I love her place and the whole family and they always make my son feel like at home. She is my first childminder and she will for sure be the last one, as I will always keep her even if I'll have to live far from her!
She also has lovely hardworking assistants, that are always willing to improve and learn new things during their days at the woodway!
I could go on and on with the review, but it's better if I stop here😅
P.s. you won't regret it!!!!
by
Parent
on 20/05/2020
My son kairo has been with brinda almost a year and its sad to say he will be leaving soon to go to school, We moved kairo from his previous nursery as we didnt think it suited his needs and it was the best decision we made as since starting woodway kids kairo has grew so much confidence and learnt so much. We are currently going through getting a autism diagnosis and brinda has been absolutely amazing she has encouraged kairo and involved him with every activity, Adapted to his routine and helped him by providing sensory equipment and also doing sensory friendly activities, Every day kairo goes to brindas with a great big smile and is happy to see his woodway family. Brinda is very engaging with parents and will keep you informed with what the children are learning about, what they are eating and how they have spent the day with daily pictures sent directly to your phone. All in all woodway kids is an immaculate setting very clean, loving and welcoming and i am so grateful my son got to experience his time spent with brinda i will be forever greatful for the hard work and commitment she has put into providing my son with a home away from home, Thank you.
by
Toni
on 20/04/2020
Response by
WOODWAY KIDS
on 21/04/2020:
Thank you Toni for sharing your experience with us. It is great pleasure looking after your little boy. We appreciate and want to say thank you for your support. It's fantastic working with parents like you.
Thank you 😊
My daughter loves going to Brinda’s. She has lovely time in there. Enjoy playing and learning new stuff.
Brinda is one of a kind. She’s trustworthy, warm and kind lady.
I am happy with everything she does for my daughter. Can’t ask for more. X
by
Parent
on 17/05/2019
Brinda is such an amazing childminder and my daughter adored her. Nela joined the house where Brinda worked with her business partner when she was just about to turn 2 yo. She developed so much in her care and was always very excited to join Brinda in the mornings. I was confident about the quality of care that my daughter received during the day, so my partner and I could go on with our day without having to worry. Moreover, we were absolutely confident that she was safe and nurtured.
Brinda made sure kids were engaged with an array of activities that developed different sets of skills and ensured that they were tailored to the children's age. She would also provide feedback on my daughter's day on a daily basis. Throughout almost 2 years that Brinda looked after her, Nela developed new skills and I could see amazing progress in her social and emotional development. She is a confident and happy little girl and I know how important Brinda's role was in fostering that- she spent 9 hours, 5 days a week with my child. I could tell that Brinda gave her absolute 100% when looking after my child - she was engaged and one of things Nela dearly misses are the signing sessions with Brinda.
Nela and Brinda's daughter developed sister-like bond and it was such a pleasure and joy to watch them two interact, communicating beautifully, reminding each other of the rules and clearly having a great time together. We miss Brinda very much and I know that if we could keep her in our area, Nela would get the best care my partner and I could wish for!
by
Parent
on 27/04/2019
Response by
WOODWAY KIDS
on 28/04/2019:
Kassia you brought tears to my eyes. This is such a mirror of myself. It's such a pleasure to realise that you appreciate my hard work. You make me love my job more and more. It is such a rewarding job. Nela is an adorable and clever little girl. It was my privileged to be part of her childhood life. Misses you guys so much.
My intial contact with Brinda was when she was working alongside her business partner at Little Williows Childcare in Enfield. My twin Daughters started when they were 9 months old. I was nervous as a first time mum, but we was made to feel at home on our first day.
Brinda has been a fantastic childminder, as she went above and beyond for my children as I have a child with a disability. Brinda was willing to learn and I noticed she would always ask for updates in regarding to my my daughter with disability so she can continue to work alongside her to assist her in her development which was a bonus.
Over time Brinda developed a relationship with both girls and I can honestly say she cared for them as they were her own which made me feel at ease.
Brinda is an excellent Childminder, someone I would definalty recommend to anyone. You would not be disappointed at all!!!!!!
Thank you for your support Brinda!!!!
by
Parent
on 10/02/2019
My daughter started with Brinda at 18 months old, which I was extremely anxious about as a previous childminder couldnt cope with her crying (!). Brinda got to know my daughter and her quirks and took care of her as her own. My daughter is very picky about who she cuddles but Brinda always got a lot of cuddles from her! She is kind, warm and nurturing. I was completely reassured when leaving her, even when I dropped her and she was upset, Brinda would message me and send a pic of her happy a short time later which was reassuring.
Brinda cares about the child's holistic well-being, not just the educational aspect. An all round excellent childminder who my daughter adores!
by
Nadia
on 04/02/2019