Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted (September 2016)
Accredited Curiosity Approach setting.
I live in a 4 bedroom house in Highbridge with my two sons aged 12 and 5 years old.
I have a living room and kitchen / diner which provides lots of space to play whilst being welcoming and homely. I also have a secure garden.
I have a selection of toys and games as well as 'open ended resources' allowing children to use their creativity and imagination to play. For children in the Early Years age group I will plan activities based on their individual interest's and next steps to help them learn and achieve, whilst having lots of fun! I follow the Early Years Foundation stage.
There is a play park within a short walk from my house which we will visit often. I also plan to take the children to the beach regularly as well as many other outings. We have a membership to Puxton park.
I use an online system called Tapestry to share photos and observations of your child's time at my setting. You will be able to view these photos and observations from your mobile, tablet or PC. You will also be able to upload your own photos and observations. I also complete a termly review to highlight your child's progress and to help plan for their 'next steps'.
I completed my level 3 BTEC national diploma in Early years at Bridgwater college in 2005. After college I went on to work in a nursery setting, working with children from 6 weeks - 5 years. Whilst working I completed my degree in Early Years with the Open University. Completing my degree gave me a huge amount of knowledge in regards to supporting learning and development which I am now able to implement into my practice.
I decided to become a childminder so I can provide quality care and fun learning opportunities for children in a homely environment. I registered as a childminder in March 2013.
The following courses will be reviewed at least every 2 years
• Safeguarding (last completed April 2019)
The following courses will be reviewed at least every 3 years
• Paediatric First aid (last completed Sept 2016)
• Food safety and hygiene (last completed Oct 2017)
I have also completed the following training (newest first):
• Curiosity approach accreditation (2019)
• Narrowing the gaps webinar (2018)
• SEF webinar (2018)
• Caring for babies webinar (2018)
• Nutrition in the early years (2017)
• Children leading the way in outdoor play SCMA conference (2017)
• On the spot planning webinar (2017)
• Emotional coaching (2017)
• Phonics for pre-school children (2017)
• Learning through play in the early years (2017)
• Basic awareness of child and adult sexual exploitation (2017)
• Managing behaviour (2016)
• Fulfilling the role of key person (2016)
• The prevent duty (2015)
• Food allergy requirements (2015)
• Recognising and supporting children with SEN (2014)
• An enabling learning environment (2014)
• BA(Hons) Early Years (2012)
• ENCO (2012)
• Local authority approved Childminding course (2012)
• Positive impressions of different cultures and faiths (2011)
• Persona doll awareness session (2010)
• Physical development in the foundations stage (2006)
• BTEC nation diploma in Early Years: Level 3. Grade: distinction (2005)
• Forest school assistant leader award (2005)
• Somerset Total Communication – introduction (2005)
• Early years art enrichment (2005)
• GNVQ Information and communication technology (2003) Distinction
• GCSE’S (2003):
*****Early years space available from September 2019*****
Tuesday and Thursday
All year round
Please contact me to arrange a visit or to discuss future availability.
My usual opening hours are 7:30am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday
I am closed on bank holidays.
I will close for my own holiday for a total of 4 weeks each year and I will give as much notice as I can.
*** Early start / late finish, care on bank holidays and care outside of contracted hours may be available on request ***
I am able to drop off and collect children from Burnham-on-Sea infants school and St Andrews school.
|Last Updated: 14/07/2019|
- Babysitting from £5.00 per hour
- Childminding from £4.00 per hour
£4.10 per hour
Includes all meals and snacks
Outings and toddler groups
School drop off and collection if required
Access to an online learning journal and daily diary (Early Years children only)
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- First Aid Certificate: Paediatric first aid (added 23/05/2017)
- Basic Disclosure Check (added 23/05/2017)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 23/05/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Kellys_House. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
My daughter loves going to Kelly. Kelly is professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. She is flexible when I've needed extra sessions and quick to reply messages. I love that her setting and the activities are varied and change with the children's interests. Thank you Kelly.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.