* Rated OUTSTANDING by Ofsted (September 2016)
* Accredited Curiosity Approach setting.
* 5* Food hygiene rating
* BA(Hons) Early Years
* Home from home setting
I live in a 3 bedroom house in Burnham on sea with my two boys aged 13 and 6 years old.
I have a conservatory which is our main play space, as well as a living room and kitchen / diner which provides lots of space to play whilst being welcoming and homely. I also have a large, secure garden with a vegetable growing area, a nature area and a play area with sand, water and a playhouse.
I have a selection of toys and games as well as 'open ended resources' allowing children to use their creativity and imagination to play. For children in the Early Years age group I will plan activities based on their individual interest's and next steps to help them learn and achieve, whilst having lots of fun! I follow the Early Years Foundation stage.
There is a play park within a short walk from my house which we will visit often. I also plan to take the children to the beach regularly as well as many other outings.
I share photos and observations of your child's time at my setting daily. I also complete a termly review to highlight your child's progress and to help plan for their 'next steps'.
I completed my level 3 BTEC national diploma in Early years at Bridgwater college in 2005. After college I went on to work in a nursery setting, working with children from 6 weeks - 5 years. Whilst working I completed my degree in Early Years with the Open University. Completing my degree gave me a huge amount of knowledge in regards to supporting learning and development which I am now able to implement into my practice.
I decided to become a childminder so I can provide quality care and fun learning opportunities for children in a homely environment. I registered as a childminder in March 2013.
The following courses will be reviewed at least every 2 years
• Safeguarding (last completed April 2019)
The following courses will be reviewed at least every 3 years
• Paediatric First aid (last completed July 2019)
• Food safety and hygiene (last completed March 2020)
I have also completed the following training (newest first):
• EYFS reforms - a blended curriculum webinar (2020)
• EYFS reforms - tracking progress webinar (2020)
• The Leuven scales webinar (2020)
• Staff wellbeing webinar (2020)
• Covid-19 - return to work curriculum planning webinar (2020)
• Child wellbeing webinar (2020)
• Coronavirus webinar (2020)
• Prevent Covid-19 webinar (2020)
• Setting up for outside play webinar (2020)
• Resources to promote learning webinar (2020)
• Food safety and hygiene (2020)
• Confident communicators conference (2020)
• The importance of vocabulary and early reading - Ofsted webinar (2020)
• Recent Ofsted inspection outcomes webinar (2020)
• Individual planning (2019)
• Group planning (2019)
• Observations, assessment and planning (2019)
• Cultural capitol (2019)
• The baby room (2019)
• Promoting positive behaviour (2019)
• Curiosity approach accreditation (2019)
• Narrowing the gaps webinar (2018)
• SEF webinar (2018)
• Caring for babies webinar (2018)
• Nutrition in the early years (2017)
• Children leading the way in outdoor play SCMA conference (2017)
• On the spot planning webinar (2017)
• Emotional coaching (2017)
• Phonics for pre-school children (2017)
• Learning through play in the early years (2017)
• Basic awareness of child and adult sexual exploitation (2017)
• Managing behaviour (2016)
• Fulfilling the role of key person (2016)
• The prevent duty (2015)
• Food allergy requirements (2015)
• Recognising and supporting children with SEN (2014)
• An enabling learning environment (2014)
• BA(Hons) Early Years (2012)
• ENCO (2012)
• Local authority approved Childminding course (2012)
• Positive impressions of different cultures and faiths (2011)
• Persona doll awareness session (2010)
• Physical development in the foundations stage (2006)
• BTEC nation diploma in Early Years: Level 3. Grade: distinction (2005)
• Forest school assistant leader award (2005)
• Somerset Total Communication – introduction (2005)
• Early years art enrichment (2005)
• GNVQ Information and communication technology (2003) Distinction
• GCSE’S (2003):
*** I AM CURRENTLY FULL ***
Please contact me to arrange a visit or to discuss future availability.
My usual opening hours are 7:30am – 6:00pm Monday – Friday
I am closed on bank holidays.
I will close for my own holiday for a total of 4 weeks each year and I will give as much notice as I can.
*** Early start / late finish, care on bank holidays and care outside of contracted hours may be available on request ***
I am able to drop off and collect children from Burnham-on-Sea infants school and St Andrews school.
|Last Updated: 26/02/2021|
- Babysitting from £5.00 per hour
- Childminding from £5.00 per hour
£5.00 per hour
My hourly fee includes...
- Home cooked meals
A home made, healthy and balanced cooked meal for lunch and a lighter meal for tea (for example, jacket potatoes, sandwiches, beans on toast)
- All snacks
- All costs for school run drop offs and collections, outings, activities and resources
Contracts can be term time only or all year round.
Early years children are required to do a minimum of 2 days per week and 5 hours per session. This is to help me get to know each child and for them to feel confident and secure at Kelly's House so I can best meet their needs and support their individual learning and development.
There is minimum of 2 hours per session for after school care.
HELP WITH CHILDCARE COSTS
TAX FREE CHILDCARE - The government tax free childcare scheme will pay up to 20% of your childcare costs if eligible. The government will pay £2 for every £8 you pay for childcare. You can get up to £500 every 3 months (£2,000 a year) for each of your children to help with the costs of childcare.
TAX CREDITS / UNERVERSAL CREDITS
You might be able to get up to 85% of childcare costs paid.
FUNDED CHILDCARE FOR EARLY YEARS
15 hours fully funded childcare for 2 year olds who meet the eligibility criteria.
15 or 30 hours (depending on your circumstances) fully funded childcare provided for 3 and 4 year olds.
*Please see for information about support for childcare costs.
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- First Aid Certificate: Paediatric first aid (added 23/05/2017)
- Basic Disclosure Check (added 23/05/2017)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 23/05/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Kellys_House. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
My daughter loves going to Kelly. Kelly is professional, friendly and very knowledgeable. She is flexible when I've needed extra sessions and quick to reply messages. I love that her setting and the activities are varied and change with the children's interests. Thank you Kelly.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.