Hi there! My name is Clare.
I’m a childminder on Holbrook Lane in Coventry (CV6 4 area); Conveniently located on the main route from the city centre to junction 3 of the M6.
Our home is close to Holbrook’s park and many local amenities including the Holbrook 'Library on the park' and within walking distance of the arena shopping park.
I share my home with my partner of 24 years and our 2 daughters; 19 years (university student at Coventry university), 17 years (NHS Worker at UHCW) and our son who is 7 years old (hilarious bundle of excitement and adventure!)
I should also add that we have a cat! (3 years old, excellent with all ages, very lazy and sleeps most of the day!)
I currently only provide care for children aged 0-5 years. I do not provide before, after-school or holiday care for older children.
I have 17 years of childminding experience in our current home and 25 years’ experience of working with children aged 0-13 years within different settings including schools, nurseries and as a nanny in private homes.
I am passionate about the home from home childcare service that I provide and take a Montessori and Hygge approach to the care and education that I offer the children in my care.
I like to ensure the children have as much outdoor play as indoor play when possible and believe nature should play a key role in active learning. We have a large garden to allow for this. I also have an allotment plot that is less than a mile from the house giving us the opportunity to go on lots of adventures in a familiar but ever changing environment. Our garden has an abundance of wildlife such as birds, squirrels, a very friendly hedgehog and foxes after dark. The children are encouraged to observe and play an important role in feeding etc. We have a sensory (smelly) area, 'Dino-land', construction/digger land, play hut/den/house and lots lots more.
Not forgetting indoors, lol, we have a vast amount of resources and children are encouraged to explore and learn at their own pace. I am a keen promoter of open-ended play and child-led learning and endeavour to provide a calm and friendly environment in which the children feel confident to explore and play an active part in the setting.
If you would like more in depth information on the resources/activities please don't hesitate to contact me and I will happily email you the full details.
Due to the Corona virus pandemic I took the decision in March to close temporarily (for the first time ever). As stated above, my daughter works at university hospital Coventry and Warwick so it has been essential to take the right amount of time to plan and implement the necessary changes needed to ensure the highest level of health and safety standards for the children in my care, their families and my own family. I am very aware of and keep fully up to date with the changing government guidelines and The World Health Organisation recommendations. I closely follow what is happening in our local community and when reopening will be working on a day by day basis to ensure that everyone within our home/the setting remains as protected from the pandemic as is possible to do so.
I will be re-opening on Monday 24th August! (Subject to government guidelines not altering and circumstances remaining how they are.)
During August I will be holding some open days for families to visit and I am currently working on putting together a virtual tour of the setting for families who may be self -isolating or unable to visit.
I will have 1 full time space as well as part time spaces available from the start of September.
If you would like more information about my-self and the childcare service that I offer please feel free to contact me.
* If you have contacted me in the last couple of months and not received a reply; my sincere apologies! Family commitments/home-schooling etc. have been taking priority at this unpredictable time.
I am now back! (A slightly new) Normal service will resume.
I have been a childminder for nearly 17 years, since registering with Ofsted in October 2003. Before that, I worked in a day nursery, 2 primary schools (including SEN), ran a church creche' and spent a number of years employed as a Nanny for 4 different families.
I am currently a Beaver scout Leader for a Coventry scouting group. Planning and implementing a weekly programme of activities and fun for 5 to 8 year olds.
Before childminding I gained a lot of experience in autism and cognitive impairment. I have a lot of experience with speech and language development and as a childminder have had a lot of experience of working in partnership with different therapeutic teams such as play therapy, speech and language therapists etc.
I have been providing childcare for 0 to 5 year olds on a day to day basis for the last 17 years.
My Qualifications and Training
• NVQ Level 2 in Early years care and education;
• Support children’s physical development needs
• Support children's social and emotional development
• Implement planned activities for sensory and intellectual development
• Implement planned activities for the development of language and communication
• Maintain an attractive, stimulating and reassuring environment for children
• Maintain the safety and security of children
• Contribute to the achievement of organisational requirements
• Relate to parents
• Feed babies
• Provide for babies’ physical development needs
• NVQ Level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development;
• Develop and promote positive relationships
• Develop and maintain a healthy, safe and secure environment for children.
• Promote children's development
• Reflect on and develop practice
• Protect and promote children's rights
• Promote the health and physical development of children
• Plan and implement positive environments for babies and children under 3 years
• Care for children at home
• Maintain and develop a childminding business
• Currently studying for a BA Open Honours Degree with the Open University;
• Children’s Literature
• The science of the mind: investigating mental health
• Psychology of childhood and youth
• Investigating psychology
• Introducing the social sciences
Next module (October)
• Young lives, parenting and families
Other qualifications/training/continued personal development;
• Our kitchen (aka Clare's Kitchen!) has a 5 OUT OF 5 Food Hygiene safety rating.
(Coventry City Council)
• Paediatric first aid course (0-8 years) update booked for 22/08/20)
• Home Education Diploma - Centre for Excellence
• Education for Peace – Montessori centre international
• Montessori outdoors - Montessori centre international
• How to choose a Montessori nursery for my child - Montessori centre international
• Montessori at home – Montessori centre international
• What is Montessori? - Montessori centre international
• Montessori Life: Introduction.
• 5 Day Nature Play Challenge - Hygge in the early years.
• Wanderlust: A nature Study Programme - Hygge in the early years.
• Level 2 First aid essentials – Educare in partnership with west midlands ambulance service
• Being safe: effective first aid management in your setting.
• Heart start emergency life support.
• Level 3 Child protection
• Introduction to safeguarding children refresher.
• Awareness of child abuse and neglect.
• Level 2 Child neglect
• Level 2 An introduction to child sexual exploitation
• Level 2 Child protection
• Awareness of child abuse and neglect foundation.
• An introduction to safeguarding children.
• Level 2 Child exploitation and online safety
• Understanding the revised EYFS.
• Risk assessment.
• Health and safety.
• Level 2 Food hygiene and safety
• Level 2 Food safety and hygiene (catering)
• Level 2 Food safety
• A practical guide to the GDPR.
• Being a key person in an Early years setting.
• Characteristics of effective leaders.
• Equality and inclusion in early years’ settings
• Level 2 Health and safety
• Level 2 Improving children's learning through play
• Level 2 Social media marketing for early years settings
• Level 2 Equality and Diversity
• Level 2 Providing a healthy food environment in early years settings
• Level 2 Promoting positive behaviour
• Level 2 Supporting early language development
• Awareness of domestic violence and abuse.
• Child accident prevention.
• Cupcake Diploma!! :)
• A new approach to Child Poverty
• Early assessment/Lead professional/information sharing.
• Recognising and supporting children with SEN.
• Level 2 Reflective practice in the early years
• Level 2 Improving children’s learning through play
• Level 2 Promoting positive behaviour
• Level 2 Understanding children’s rights
• Level 2 Equality and diversity
• Nutrition in the early years
• Developing children’s numeracy skills
• Caring for children with allergies
RE-OPENING!!! MONDAY 24TH AUGUST!
1 full time space available ~ A variety of part time spaces available
|Last Updated: 15/09/2020|
- Childminding from £4.00 per hour
* 15 & 30 hours funding accepted
* Tax-free childcare & work vouchers accepted.
Daily rate of £40 (Between the hours of 7.30am and 5.30pm)
* I do not work bank holidays (including Good Friday)
* No fees are required for bank holidays (including Good Friday)
* No charge for childminder's holidays (90 days notice given where possible)
* Full fee required for child's holiday and absences to keep the place secure.
Daily Fee of £40 includes:
~ Breakfast (selection of choices)
~ Home-cooked lunch (menu given in advance)
~ Picnic style tea (April to September) / warm breads, soup, pasta (September to April)
~ Morning and afternoon snacks
~ Own water bottle
~ Personal daily diary.
~ All activities, materials and resources.
~ All trips and outings.and transport costs.
~ Wet wipes.
* In short! Nappies, formula milk and sunscreen are not included in the daily fee but everything else pretty
Fees are required on the 1st of the month for the month ahead.
A 2 week deposit is required before starting.
If you have any questions or would like any more info please don't hesitate to message me. Thanks
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- DBS Check (added 29/06/2020)
- UK Driving Licence (added 29/06/2020)
- DBS Check (added 29/06/2020)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 06/02/2017)
No reviews have been submitted for this Childminder.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.