I have been registered as a childminder with the Care Inspectorate since July 2011 and previously with the Scottish Care Commission since 2008. I live with my husband, two teenage children and our pet Labrador in Lossiemouth.
My practice follows the Health and Social Care Standards. These are a set of standards set out by the Scottish Government to let service users know what to expect from health, social care and social work services.
In line with Care Inspectorate requirements and Scottish Government guidelines I adopt the Getting It Right For Every Child (GIRFEC) approach and use the eight wellbeing indicators known as SHANNARI (Safe, Healthy, Achieving, Nurtured, Active, Respected, Responsible, Included) to inform my practice.
In addition I am guided by the principles set out in Realising the Ambition: Being Me. This is the latest Early Years National Practice Guidance for Scotland. It is based on research and evidence and builds upon the original principles and philosophy of both the Pre-Birth to Three and the Building the Ambition guidance.
I keep abreast of the current best practice for childcare and education in Scotland and I refer to the Care Inspectorate Quality Framework for Early Learning and Childcare to evaluate and assess my service to meet my aim of continuous improvement.
For further information and to discuss your requirements please telephone or email and I will get back to you.
If a space is available I will arrange a time with you to visit my home where we can discuss your child's needs and your childcare requirements. You will have an opportunity to look around my home and meet my family and the children I look after.
My career in childcare and education began in 2004 at a local daycare centre. I started as a nursery nurse assistant working with babies and children from a few months old to 10 years old. Whilst there I gained a Scottish Vocational Qualification level 3 in Children’s Care, Learning and Development through Moray College. I was promoted to nursery nurse and then to senior nursery nurse, spending my final year running the Baby Room. Freya was then born in 2007 and I left my role at the daycare centre to follow a career in childminding.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS FOR CHILDMINDING
*Currently studying BA Childhood Practice with the University of the Highlands and Islands
*SVQ 3 Children's Care, Learning and Development (SCQF level 7)
*Registered childminder since 2008.
*Multiple trainings attended.
*Consistently graded level 5 'Very Good' by the Care Inspectorate. Inspection Report can be viewed on SCSWIS website.
*Approved Early Learning and Childcare (ELC) funded provider since 2017. Working in partnership with Moray Council to provide government funded placements for 2, 3 and 4 year olds.
I am passionate about continually improving my service by ensuring my knowledge and skills are up to date. I make full use of the training workshops provided by the Moray Council Early Years Team and the SCMA as they become available, covering a variety of areas including Paediatric First aid, child development, outdoor learning, child protection, nutrition, hygiene and many more.
I am currently studying BA Childhood Practice with the University of the Highlands and Islands.
I hold an SVQ level 3 in Children's Care, Learning and Development and I have attended many childcare related trainings and workshops over the years and continue to keep my knowledge and skills up to date by attending the trainings offered by Moray Council Education and Social Care Early Years Team, SCMA and other training providers.
AVAILABILITY - none
*I am currently running a waiting list*
My service operates Tuesday to Friday term time and school holidays from 8am - 6pm.
Term Time only agreements are available.
School pick up available if it fits in with the children I already care for.
I close for 2 weeks over Christmas and for a further 4 weeks thought the year. This is usually 1 week of Easter, 2 weeks of Summer and 1 week of October school holidays.
I attend childcare related training throughout the year. Most of these are at the weekends or evenings but occasionally I do close for full or half days to attend these trainings. At least 4 weeks notice is always given.
|Last Updated: 02/09/2021|
- Childminding from £4.75 per hour
Please contact me for details on fees
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
- Training Certificate: Child Protection 2016 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Autism Awareness 2016 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Food Allergy Training 2018 (added 02/09/2021)
- First Aid Certificate: Emergency First Aid at Work. Incorporating Paediatric Topics and Skills 2015 - Expires 2018 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Child Protection 2018 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Unlocking Learning Outdoors (With Prof Jan White) 2019 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Children's Perspectives on Play (Open University) 2020 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Learning with Fire 2020 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Outdoor Learning, Play and Curriculum for Excellence 2020 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Using Tools in Early Years -Tool Use and Tool Projects 2020 (added 02/09/2021)
- First Aid Certificate: Explorer Medicine - Emergency First Aid at Work (Outdoors) 2020 (added 02/09/2021)
- Training Certificate: Planning in the Moment (added 02/09/2021)
- Care Inspectorate Certificate (added 07/06/2020)
- First Aid Certificate: Emergency First Aid at Work. Incorporating Paediatric Topics and Skills, 2019. Expires 2022. (added 07/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Infection Prevention and Control in Community Settings (added 17/05/2016)
- Training Certificate: Elementary Food Hygiene (added 17/05/2016)
- Exam Certificate: Scottish Vocational Qualification SVQ 3 Children's Care, Learning and Development (added 17/05/2016)
- First Aid Certificate: Emergency first aid at work incorporating paediatric topics and skills (added 17/05/2016)
- UK Driving Licence (added 17/05/2016)
- PVG Check (added 17/05/2016)
No reviews have been submitted for this Childminder.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.