Childminder in Blackheath
Usually responds within 1 hour
Female Non-smoker Member since Mar 2013 Last Updated May 2020 Last Login 11 Jul 2020 Email
Bonjour! Join me on Zoom twice a week at 10.30 for stories in French aimed at children aged 0-4! Meeting free, please contact me for the password).
It is looking like I'll have spaces opening soon, please don't hesitate to register your interest : )
... and here is my profile!
Bonjour les parents!
I am a French childminder in Blackheath, Ofsted outstanding and good with outstanding features, loving what I do! You can find out what Ofsted think of me by googling "Ofsted report Estelle Biancelli"
I look after young children on a full-day basis. Every day, I have 3 little ones under my care (the legal maximum), who generally are between 10 months and 3.5 years of age. In addition to speaking only French to the children, I offer completely cooked-from-scratch food, daily outings to local places of interest, structured pre-planned activities at home, no TV but piano and guitar, singing and books, and lots of fun and laughter! I am based 7 min walk from Blackheath station, in my house (with garden) in a quiet cul-de-sac from which we walk everywhere, with easy parking for you to drop off/pick up your children.
I am looking forward to getting to know your little one and to spending some quality time with them! I believe it is great for children to be with other children their age that they can truly build relationships with, and to do so in a homely environment. We make a happy little group. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch and pay us a visit... Merci!
I have a four-year degree in French literature, specialising in teaching French as a foreign language. Until 7 years ago that is what I was doing: giving one-to-one tuitions to adults locally. I am still teaching, but a different kind of students: young children! The fastest learners maybe!!
I have been working as a childminder for 7 years now, enjoying every minute of it. I also have two children, two girls aged 12 and 14, so it all fits together.
As a childminder, I go out every day with the children, walking to our local library (the Age Exchange in Blackheath), to the French playgroup that I les for 7 years, the softplay at the Greenwich Centre, to The Beach at the Conservatoire or the deer enclosure at Greenwich Park, or sometimes we just go to the station to see the trains, to the pond to feed the ducks, or on nature walks to stop and observe our environment, talk to the cats, try to catch the pigeons... We are so incredibly lucky to have such a choice of outings, all within walking distance.
I have a positive, fun, encouraging attitude as well as excellent planning and a good routine. That means that the children feel secure and happy, which best allows them to learn and develop. We alternate between spending time at home doing pre-planned, structured activities (no TV no screens), time in stimulating environments such as the French playgroup learning around other children, and some family time when my "big girls" are back from school and we gather around the table for a nice dinner - or a picnic in the garden.
Every day, I offer breakfast, lunch, a snack mid-afternoon, and a full dinner. Healthy food is an absolute priority for me, and I never use any processed or ready-made dishes. We even make our own playdough! I cook everything from scratch, with plenty of fruit and veg for happy, healthy children.
I have all the required training to be an Ofsted-registered childminder including first aid, food safety, and safeguarding. I am a member of the Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years (ex National Childminding Association), I have access to their training and 24/7 helplines and I follow their directives. I accept childcare vouchers.
I also hold a 4-year degree in French literature specialising in teaching French as a foreign language, plus a few more qualifications... and: much love of children!
The main added-value I provide is that I always speak French to the children. I have raised my own children bilingual (actually "2.5-lingual" as my husband is Italian) and their French is absolutely superb. I use the same resources with my "minded" children, actively teaching them new words, making sure they get many opportunities to re-hear and repeat... I am passionate about teaching French, passionate about giving children a loving, positive, exciting environment, and very keen to create a good relationship with you the parents!
I will look after children whose home language is English, French, or any other language, that is perfectly fine and feasible. Please don't hesitate to contact me to discuss any question.
It is looking like I'll have spaces opening up soon (writing this June 2020), not yet sure what but please do get in touch!
I have a very flexible settling-in procedure: you spend with us as much time as you like : ) Typically families pay me an initial visit at my house, to see if they like the feel of the setting and if they feel their child could be happy with us. I then visit you one evening to show the documents I use, explain how I plan for the children’s development, track their progress, and we discuss any questions you might have. After that, you are welcome to spend as much or as little time with us as you feel is necessary, joining into our activities and sharing our meals. I really want to make it a happy and easy transition for your child!
|Last Updated: 30/05/2020|
- Childminding from £11.50 per hour
£120 a day (7.30am to 6pm), which includes breakfast, lunch, snack and dinner, as well as all outings, activities, and resources. I cook everything from scratch and I am always happy to buy nice new resources for the children's learning and development.
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- Reference: March 2020 - 22 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 21 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 20 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 19 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 18 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 17 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 16 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 15 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 14 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 13 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 12 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 11 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 10 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 9 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 8 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 7 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 6 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 5 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 4 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 3 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: March 2020 - 1 (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: Childcare.co.uk 5 star excellence (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: Childcare.co.uk 5 year certificate (added 21/05/2020)
- Reference: Parents’ letter to Ofsted prior to inspection (added 27/10/2018)
- Reference: Parents’ letter to Ofsted prior to inspection (added 27/10/2018)
- Inspection Report: Outstanding Ofsted Certificate (added 27/10/2018)
- Training Certificate: Planning for Next Steps (added 27/10/2018)
- Training Certificate: Introduction to the 2017 EYFS (added 27/10/2018)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Children Level 2 (added 27/10/2018)
- Training Certificate: Food Safety At Work Level 2 (added 27/10/2018)
- First Aid Certificate: Paediatric First Aid (added 27/10/2018)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 27/10/2018)
- Utility Bill: Water supply bill (added 27/10/2018)
- UK Driving Licence (added 27/10/2018)
- DBS Check (added 27/10/2018)
- DBS Check (added 27/10/2018)
Below are the latest reviews for FrenchChildminder. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
The Zoom sessions organised by Estelle have been such a joy and relief during these challenging times. My daughter, who is just under 2 years old, enjoys them so much. We look forward to them every week!
Estelle has been a wonderful support to so many parents during the covid-19 pandemic.
Offering online story time and singing time every day, doing it with positivity, gusto and smiles for the little ones.
My little one learnt to make actions to one of his favourite songs thanks to Estelle!
Big thank you to her : )
I first met Estelle 3 years ago. I was looking for a childminder in the Blackheath / Lewisham area who could look after my daughter a few days a week when I went back to work part-time. Based on the experience of others I thought it was going to be a gargantuan task finding someone who would share the same values as me. Estelle was the first childminder that I met and now 3 years on I know that I was incredibly lucky to find her. Three years within the community, spending a lot of time in the local playgroups, I know that she is one in a million and I have yet to meet another childminder who shares the stringent standards that she sets for herself in terms of caring for the little ones under her supervision. Her dedication and organisation is second to none that I have met. I always say that the gods were looking down on us the day that I found her ad :)
My daughter spent two years with Estelle (from 9 months until nearly 3 years old) 2 or 3 days a week. She still spends the odd day with her when Estelle has a free space for her. It is a real treat for her and she loves returning to spend a day and see Estelle. I hope that when we get to schooling age that she will be at the local school so that she can spend a few afternoons a week with her in the future.
Estelle is kind and caring. She never raises her voice with the children. She is patient and loving with each one. She loves what she does and it shows. She understands that each child is unique and tailors their care accordingly to their needs. The fact that she is so organised makes for a nice streamlined day for the children and therefore a stress-free day. As a result the children are very settled and happy with her.
What are the values that we share?
- Stability. It is very important to provide a routine, a stable environment in which the children can find comfort. This is very apparent at Estelle’s.
- Love & caring. Estelle makes sure that each child feels cared for on a one-to-one level. She does this by making sure each child has some one-to-one attention. She is loving and caring and the children love her in return. She is also firm with them in a kind way and in return they always behave for her. A real Mary Poppins!
- A clean, tidy, organised home with well-defined play areas so that the children can circulate with ease and select which toys to play with each day.
- A great selection of toys and activities planned each day that allow the child to develop skills no matter what age. But more than that Estelle has an amazing imagination and sense of fun and comes up with all kinds of fun things for the kids to do on a daily basis. They embrace this and they are always playing and having fun in the house or in the garden.
- A lovely convivial spirit: no matter what age the children sit around the table doing activities together like they would in a family setting at home. My daughter still has wonderful relationships with the children that she spent time with there. There are at peace with one another. A lovely spirit reigns.
- The importance of song and music. The children learn lots of French songs while they are with her.
- The use of child-friendly soaps and wipes. Estelle washes a great stack of face cloths daily so that she can clean and dry the children’s faces and hands daily with them thus using less wipes and less harsh soaps that are found in the wipes that you can buy. This is the kind of detail that is just lovely.
- The importance of providing a balanced diet and offering healthy snacks like raisins and fruit. Estelle makes her food from scratch and does not use pre-made sauces etc... She keeps an eye on their daily salt & sugar intake.
- Estelle bakes with the children just like they would do in their own homes with their mum.
If you are thinking of placing your child with Estelle then I cannot recommend her highly enough. We have always been very happy with her and of course she has a big place in our family and in our little’s one life. After mummy & daddy, she is our little one’s closest person. This is still the case 6 months on after our little one has been at nursery 6 months. Additionally we wanted our little one to be in a French-speaking environment and this has worked out well for us. I think any child benefits from the exposure to a second language at this age.
The only difficulty can be getting a space! But trust me, it is worth waiting for or ideally let Estelle know early when you are wanting a space for so that she can let you know as soon as one comes free.
Estelle has been looking after our now 26 month old one day a week for the past year. He loves going there and runs into her house in the morning without even looking back.
He eats and sleeps very well with her and I think that being with other children has been great for his socializing (while being in a nurturing home environment, which seems the best of all worlds for us rather than nursery yet). I love getting video updates throughout the day as to what he's up to.
I'm very happy he's getting exposure to French and although English is our main language at home, he's coped with it fine (I had wondered if one day a week would be enough but it seems to be).
We're definitely hoping our second will also go to Estelle's!
Estelle is looking after our 16 month old son since April. We met at the Diabolo Menthe French playgroup in Blackheath where we got to know each other whilst I was on mat leave. A. has felt so at ease and comfortable within Estelle's setting from day one. Estelle is extremely warm and we see her more as an extension of our family. With her we know that our little is safe and cared for. We also know daytime activities are innovative and stimulating. He is happy and developing leaps and bounds. Plus we never worry as Estelle shares updates with us, sends photos throughout and discusses new ideas with us so the kids have the best time. We are really working together and all playing a part in creating a great little world for our son to grow up in. We are lucky to have Estelle and we couldn’t recommend her more highly.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.