Responsible Disclosure Policy
We take the security of our systems seriously, and we value the security community. The responsible disclosure of security vulnerabilities helps us ensure the security and privacy of our users.
We require that all researchers:
- Make every effort to avoid privacy violations, degradation of user experience, disruption to production systems, and destruction of data during security testing;
- Perform research only within the scope set out below;
- Use the identified communication channels to report vulnerability information to us; and
- Keep information about any vulnerabilities you’ve discovered confidential between yourself and Childcare.co.uk until we’ve had 90 days to resolve the issue.
If you follow these guidelines when reporting an issue to us, we commit to:
- Not pursue or support any legal action related to your research;
- Work with you to understand and resolve the issue quickly (including an initial confirmation of your report within 72 hours of submission);
- Recognize your contribution on our Security Researcher Hall of Fame and at our discretion, offer you a cash or voucher reward, if you are the first to report the issue and we make a code or configuration change based on the issue.
- Childcare.co.uk and any subdomains
- Childcare.co.uk iOS and Android apps
Out of scope
Any services hosted by 3rd party providers and services are excluded from scope.
In the interest of the safety of our users, staff, the Internet at large and you as a security researcher, the following test types are excluded from scope:
- Findings from physical testing such as office access (e.g. open doors, tailgating)
- Findings derived primarily from social engineering (e.g. phishing, vishing)
- Findings from applications or systems not listed in the ‘Scope’ section
- UI and UX bugs and spelling mistakes
- Network level Denial of Service (DoS/DDoS) vulnerabilities
Things we do not want to receive:
- Personally identifiable information (PII)
- Credit card holder data
How to report a security vulnerability?
If you believe you’ve found a security vulnerability in one of our products or platforms please send it to us by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following details with your report:
- Description of the location and potential impact of the vulnerability;
- A detailed description of the steps required to reproduce the vulnerability (POC scripts, screenshots, and compressed screen captures are all helpful to us); and
- Your name/handle and a link for recognition in our Hall of Fame.
If you’d like to encrypt the information, please use our PGP Key. The fingerprint is
2209 9D03 860D 9ABF 1546 AA53 4546 86A4 7DC4 0798.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free