This course provides an overview of Autism for those that work with children and young people. It covers what autism is, its prevalence and causes, how it is diagnosed and the implications for pupil learning. At EduCare we ensure that all of our training courses are written and endorsed by experts. This course has been written in partnership with SEND specialists at Connect.
By the end of this course you will:
• 1. understand what autism is
• 2. know the terminology used to describe autism
• 3. learn about the prevalence of autism
• 4. understand how autism is diagnosed
• 5. be able to identify the indicators that may suggest the presence of autism
• 6. recognise the ways that autism can affect learning
• 7. understand how to report concerns about autism
• 8. have learnt tips for an autism-friendly approach in classroom environments.
• Written in partnership with experts at Connect.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• One module with a multiple choice questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This course normally costs £9.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free