Infection Prevention & Control in an Early Years Setting
The course looks at what infection prevention and control means in an early years setting. It provides an overview of good practice for cleaning procedures and a summary of key terms associated with infection prevention and control. All early years practitioners have an important role to play in preventing the spread of infection and this course highlights some of the key actions required to prevent the spread of germs and to manage outbreaks of infectious illness.
What is infection prevention and control?
• Preventing and controlling infection in an early years setting
• The importance of hand washing before and after regular activities
• Good practice for hand washing and a range of other ways of preventing the spread of germs in an early years setting
Procedures for cleaning toys, equipment and the environment:
• Colour-coded cleaning system
• Damaged items
• Use of disinfectants
• Sand trays and ball pits
• Cleaning frequency
• Understand and follow guidance for managing illness and infections
• Exclusion times
• Health Protection Teams (HPT)
• Deep clean
• Notifiable diseases
• Vaccination and immunisation
• Vulnerable staff and children
• Written by experts at the Pre-School Learning Alliance
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £9.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free