Mental Wellbeing in Children & Young People
This course looks at mental health and emotional wellbeing in young people. It highlights some signs and symptoms, along with myths and the stigma associated with mental health issues. It provides advice for schools, individual teachers and other staff on how to support children with their mental health and emotional wellbeing.
By the end of this course you will:
• 1. Understand what mental health is in the context of the mental health continuum.
• 2. Be able to identify some common issues faced by young people with regard to mental health.
• 3. Recognise some of the signs and symptoms that indicate mental health issues in young people.
• 4. Understand key risk factors that make some young people vulnerable to mental health issues.
• 5. Learn about protective factors that build resilience in young people and some of the myths and stigma surrounding mental health issues.
• 6. Pick up practical advice to help you support young people’s mental health and emotional wellbeing.
•Developed with and fully endorsed by experts at Young Minds.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• Four modules with multiple choice questionnaires.
• Four CPD hours with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This course normally costs £27.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free