Musculoskeletal Wellbeing for the Early Years Workforce
Early years working is a physically demanding role, and this course will help you to understand the nature of musculoskeletal disorders (MSDs), and the risk factors in early years settings. It will raise awareness of musculoskeletal wellbeing, and advise on good practice. You will also learn about the legal responsibilities of managers, duty holders and employers and how they must assess, record and address risks. The course is written in association with experts at Jolly Back.
This course is suitable for everyone working in an early years setting.
What is the musculoskeletal system?
• Overview of the musculoskeletal system
What are musculoskeletal disorders?
• Examples of work-related musculoskeletal disorders
• Typical causes in an early years settings
• The benefits of musculoskeletal good health
• Health and Safety at Work etc Act
• The five step risk assessment process
1. Identify the hazards
2. Identify who might be harmed
3. Evaluate the risks
4. Record findings
5. Review regularly
Making a healthier working environment
• Seating, furniture and equipment
• Workplace design considerations
Making safer practitioners
• Increasing awareness of the importance of musculoskeletal health
• Prioritising high risk employees
• Providing guidance, encouragement and support
• Safety checks
• One module with a multiple-choice questionnaire
• One CPD credit with a personalised downloadable certificate
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 + VAT but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free