This course will help you to understand epilepsy, a lifelong condition that affects around 600,000 people in the UK.
• A look at what epilepsy is and how it affects the electrical activity in the brain, and information on how epilepsy can start at any age and is usually a lifelong condition.
• Details on what epileptic seizures are and important information on the several different kinds of seizures which includes focal, tonicclonic, tonic, atonic, absence and myoclonic seizures.
• Information on the common triggers for epilepsy, including missing medication, stress, lack of sleep and many more.
• A useful list of drugs and medications available to help control seizures.
• Information on other treatments for epilepsy including surgery to remove part of the brain that causes the seizures, a special diet called ketogenic, and implanting a small electrical device that links directly to the brain.
• Important information on fi rst aid treatment to help reduce the risks when someone is experiencing a seizure, as well as examples of when you should call an ambulance.
• Procedures for emergency medication and who the medication can be used for.
• Further information for schools such as details on individual healthcare plans and staff who should be aware of symptoms and emergency procedures.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free