This course will help you to understand epilepsy, a lifelong condition that affects around 600,000 people in the UK.
• A look at what epilepsy is and how it affects the electrical activity in the brain, and information on how epilepsy can start at any age and is usually a lifelong condition.
• Details on what epileptic seizures are and important information on the several different kinds of seizures which includes focal, tonicclonic, tonic, atonic, absence and myoclonic seizures.
• Information on the common triggers for epilepsy, including missing medication, stress, lack of sleep and many more.
• A useful list of drugs and medications available to help control seizures.
• Information on other treatments for epilepsy including surgery to remove part of the brain that causes the seizures, a special diet called ketogenic, and implanting a small electrical device that links directly to the brain.
• Important information on fi rst aid treatment to help reduce the risks when someone is experiencing a seizure, as well as examples of when you should call an ambulance.
• Procedures for emergency medication and who the medication can be used for.
• Further information for schools such as details on individual healthcare plans and staff who should be aware of symptoms and emergency procedures.
• Endorsed by the School and Public Health Nurses Association.
• Level 2 programme (as graded against the nationally accepted levels and equivalent to GCSE grades A* - C).
• A fully interactive course, including optional narration for accessibility, comprising one module and one questionnaire.
• One CPD hour with a personalised downloadable certificate.
• 70% pass mark
How to apply
This online training course normally costs £10.50 but is available free to Childcare.co.uk gold members. For more details see our online training page.
Don’t have an account? Register free today
Create a free account
Sign up in one minute, no payment details required.
Member benefits include:
- Add a free profile detailing your requirements or services
- Search by postcode for local members near you
- Read and reply to messages for free