Nanny in Bristol
Female Non-smoker Member since Nov 2014 Last Updated Jun 2020 Last Login 03 Aug 2020
Hello! I am an experienced nanny with Qualified Teacher Status (with experience of teaching the Early Years and Primary Curriculum).
I have worked as a nanny for 10+ families (for children between the ages of 2 weeks old and 10 years).
Prior to this, I worked as a year 1 teacher in Birmingham.
I have also worked as a Conservation and Heritage Guide in Northern Ireland as well as a Marine Education Ranger in Torquay, where I taught children and young people about wildlife and conservation.
* Birmingham City University (2012-13) - PGCE Primary and Early Years (1st)
* Plymouth University (2007-10) - BSC Ocean Science with Honours (2:1)
Key nannying related qualifications (required for Ofsted registration) include:
* An up-to-date DBS criminal record check;
* An up-to-date paediatric first aid certificate;
* Public liability insurance;
* Clean UK driving licence and use my car for work.
Note: I am a registered Home Childcarer (Nanny). At current, I can accept childcare vouchers.
I also have:
* Babyem - Holistic Infant Sleep Training Course (level 3);
* Barabarani Education Services - Child Protection - Basic Awareness;
* Birmingham City University - English Spelling, Punctuation and Grammar (SPaG) course;
* Birmingham City University - Positive about Autism;
* City and Guilds (2011) - NVQ: Environmental Conservation (level 2)
* Educare - Supporting Early Language Development (level 2), Children's Learning Through Play (level 2);
* Hays – Safeguarding and Child Protection;
* Laser - An Enabling Learning Environment (level 2), Observing Children (level 3), Managing Behaviour (level 3), Child Development (level 3), Health and Safety in Early Years (level 4), Effective Supervision in the Early Years (level 4);
* Harmony at Home - In House Sleep Training Course;
* Living Coasts – Beginners Storytelling Course;
* Ruth Miskin - Read Write inc;
* Pie Corbett - Literacy Curriculum Programme.
No availability (last updated 06/06/20).
|Last Updated: 28/06/2020|
- Nannying from £12.00 per hour (gross)
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself. Find out more about checks & references.
- DBS Check (added 07/05/2016)
- Training Certificate: Qualified Teacher Status (added 28/04/2016)
- Training Certificate: Teaching degree (added 28/04/2016)
- First Aid Certificate (added 28/04/2016)
- UK Passport (added 28/04/2016)
- UK Driving Licence (added 28/04/2016)
- Full CV (added 28/04/2016)
Below are the latest reviews for Hannah. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Hannah looked after our children for over two years (from when they were 1 and 4 until they were 3 and 6). We soon realised we'd struck gold. She is so kind and caring, so tuned-in to kids and so conscientious. She did fantastic activities with the kids and coped amazingly well with whatever was thrown at her. She is a thoroughly nice person and a lovely presence.
Hannah looked after my 2 kids as part of a nanny share from September 2016 to February 2017. She is very reliable, punctual and conscientious. She was flexible and thoughtful, and managed to make a very tricky job seem manageable. We had to leave the share as our needs changed, (we offered her increased hours but she was loyal to her other commitments!) I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Hannah to others and wish her luck. Try not to work too hard!
Response by Hannah on 19/02/2017:
Thank you Rebecca, you were brilliant to work for and I wish you luck with the new nanny. We will have to arrange some playdates for the girls :)
Hannah took care of our baby son (aged 7 months) for about 2 months (four hours a day for three days each week). She played with him, took care of his needs, took him out on walks: to playgroups, to the museum, to the park, etc.
Our son loved being with her. We found her reliable, punctual, and trustworthy and she never gave us any cause to worry. She was also willing to help out with chores around the house and kitchen when we needed her to. At the end of each session, she would write a note informing us of how everything went on during the day, what and how much our son ate, details of nappy changes, activities, and so on.
In summary, Hannah was great and we highly recommend her!
Response by Hannah on 18/08/2016:
Thanks very much for the review. I hope I see you all again at some point soon, would be lovely to see how much Ashy has grown in this time :)
We have been lucky to have Hannah as nanny for our two Children, even if it was short notice appointment, for two months. She was picking them from school and they had creative happy time home , waiting us to be back from our jobs.Every day she used to study with my 6 year old boy and had a day theme for creations and games. Both our Children enjoyed the time they spent with her!!!
Response by Hannah on 12/07/2016:
Thanks for the review :) It was lovely to nanny for them!! I hope they have a great time in Greece.
Hannah babysat for us recently, it was the first time we had left our baby so we were nervous but Hannah did a great job and sent texts to let us know all was ok she even did a bit of cleaning for us , thanks Hannah X
Response by Hannah on 21/06/2016:
Thanks Tora! Thomas was a star, I hope he is keeping up the good sleeping!
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.