An enthusiastic, caring and trustworthy lady who loves working with children while developing their skills and abilities through indoor and outdoor activities by taking initiatives and promoting self-confidence.
Mom to a lovely and happy toddler.
Very happy to join local playgroups, dance/tennis/football classes, give swimming lessons (as being a water polo team member for 5 years), organise outdoor trips and activities, baking with kids, cooking, help with homework, do school runs and keep daily records for the parents.
Some of my hobbies include reading Classic literature, Montessori and pedagogical books, colouring, decorating, organising houses, playing chess and watching the "Super Nanny" TV show.
Valid and clean driving licence (own car).
I work as an employed full time nanny and as a self-employed babysitter.
All references available if requested.
-Part time nanny for a family in Oakington.
-Part time nanny for different families in Cambourne. Mostly for school runs.
-Full time Nanny for one of my previous families with 3 boys(6, 8, 10) and a baby girl in Cambridge.
Jan 2021- Aug 2021
-Part time Nanny for 2 boys(6, 8) in Cambridge.
Oct 2020- Jan 2021
-Full time nanny for a girl (1)in Comberton, Cambridgeshire.
Sep 2018 -Aug 2020
-Full time nanny for 3 boys (2, 4, 6) in Cambridge.
Oct 2016 - Aug 2018
-Full time nanny for a girl (2.5) and twin boys (6) in Cambridge.
-Full time Nannny for a girl (11 months old) in Cambridge .
Feb 2015-Jan 2016
Main Duties included:
• Preparing healthy snacks, bottles, meals, introducing solids, feeding them when needed, changing diapers, bathing, dressing and placing them to bed.
• Taking them to Playgroups, swimming/ballet/football/tennis lessons, library, parks, playgrounds, activities, museums, phonic class, piano lessons.
• Teaching chess, encouraging drawing and colouring skills.
• Teaching good social manners.
• School runs.
• Helping with Reading, Writing, Spelling, Maths, English and Greek.
• Teaching swimming to the 2.5 years old girl in David Lloyd’s indoor/outdoor pool.
• Potty training.
• Arranging and managing successfully playdates with 4-5 children.
• Taking credits for organizing and improving the household structure.
• Keeping daily records for parents.
• Keeping the high cleaning standards and tidying areas.
•Laundry, ironing, changing bed sheets, cooking, tidying up rooms and toys etc.
•Organising parents and kids’ wardrobes, kitchen cupboards.
•Baking with kids and teaching traditional greek recipies.
•Teaching traditional Greek dance.
•Making puzzles and playing board games.
•Singing a lot of English and Greek nursery rhymes.
•Grocery shopping for the family.
•Clothes shopping for kids when needed.
•Enrolling kids to after school and holiday activities.
•Calling the doctor at emergencies, arranging appointments and taking kids to the doctor appointments.
-Live-in carer for an elderly lady (90) with dementia in Hemingford Grey, Cambridgeshire .
Aug 2014-Mar 2015
Main duties included:
• Preparing healthy meals and feeding her when she needed.
• Bathing and dressing her.
• Placing her to bed.
• Everyday outdoor walks to the river, church, shops.
• Household duties, shopping, gardening, drawing, playing with balls/baloons, baking cakes, reading, dancing and listening her favourite music to remind her the things she loved, to keep her active and to improve her balance under her physiotherapist’s instructions.
• 24 hours/day caring for her when she was in the hospital and in the recovery period.
• Taking her to the doctor’s apointments.
-Maths, Reading and Writing Tutor for Primary school children with learning disabilities in Greece.
Jul - Aug 2009,2010,2011
• Helped them improve their Writing, Reading and Maths skills and overall school performance.
•NCT Introducing Solid Foods workshop.
•Music and Movement webinar by Childcare.co.uk.
• Expressive Art and Design webinar by Childcare.co.uk.
•Sensory play and learning webinar by childcare.co.uk.
• Volunteering in Foundation for abused children in Greece.
• Workshop on Applied Ethics by the faculty of Philosophy, Pedagogy and Psychology of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens and the Greek Philosophical Society (2012).
• Training seminar on learning disabilities - Dyslexia: Myths and reality by Athenian College (2012).
• Scientific event on Depression and panic attack by Xinis Education Festival (2012).
• Scientific event on bioethics and human rights by the National Bioethics committee (2009).
• Symposium on Bioethical dilemmas-The beginning of Life by the Archdiocese of Athens (2011).
• Honorary diploma of fellowship by the Artemio Institution for the love of learning and progress for the benefit of Science and society (2010).
• Ofsted Registered.
(I accept voucher payments)
• DBS Certificate from both UK and GREECE.
• Public liability Insurance (Nannyinsure) for Professional Nannies .
• Common Core Skills and Knowledge in the Early Years Foundation Certificate (OCN Level 3)(London 2015).
• First Aid Certificate (I update it every 3years).
• BCs in Theology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens (2012).
Naric level 6.
• Practical training at the educational institution “Theomitor” as part of the programme for observation of the operation of a school unit in Athens (Mar-Apr 2011). Checkable reference letter.
• Participation in the annual Specialisation Program of 500hours (280h of instruction and 220h of practical training, of which 100 took place in public Educational institutions) entitled “Specialisation in Special Education-Learning Disabilities/Dyslexia” organized by the Research Centre of Psychophysiology and Education of the National and Kapodistrian University of Athens.
Languages: English (Certificate of Competency from University of Michigan) and Greek.
• ECDL (European Computer Driving Licence) Core Certificate.
|Last Updated: 15/09/2023|
- Nannying from £18.00 per hour (gross)
- Babysitting from £18.00 per hour
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at The Vine Inter-Church Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Cambourne Village College
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Monkfield Park Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Jeavons Wood Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Meridian Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at St Laurence Catholic Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Hardwick and Cambourne Community Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Newnham Croft Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at The Stephen Perse Foundation
- EU Driving Licence (added 07/12/2022)
- EU Passport (added 07/12/2022)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 28/09/2017)
- First Aid Certificate: Paediatric First Aid Certificate (added 28/09/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for Aspasia. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Aspasia is very reliable and lovely. Our four year old really enjoys his sessions with her.
Aspasia has been looking after my 4 year old after school, and she is offering a safe and calm home from home environment. Typically my son needs his time with people, but with Aspasia he clicked straight away and comes home happy and calm every time.
Aspasia unserstood our needs staight away. She approached our small ones with a lovely smile as she is a great communicator. Trully gifted professional and warm person above all. Highly recommended!
Aspasia quickly became less of a Nanny to our boy and more extended family. She radiates a natural warmth that my boy is drawn to and so feel safe, comfortable and happy with Aspasia from day one.
She is entirely attentive, calm but at the same time energetic and is good fun. My son adores her company, reading and playing with her.
Aspasia is simply kind and loving - the sort of friend you want in your home and looking after your children.
Aspasia is so lovely to work with. She is punctual, very communicative and reliable. My daughter, who has autism and doesn't always warm to people easily, immediately felt comfortable with her. Aspasia has a beautifully calm and reassuring nature which made my daughter relax easily. Her attentive and competent care is immediately apparent and gave me every confidence in her. It was lovely to have her at our home and I would not hesitate to recommend her very able care to others!
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.