Nanny in Worthing
Babysitter in Worthing
Female Non-smoker Member since Apr 2017 Last Updated Nov 2020 Last Login 14 Jan 2021 Email
I very much enjoy working with children of all ages and I have always been thoroughly committed to ensuring the safety, development and happiness of children under my supervision. I have a bachelors degree in visual arts (Illustration), and I take great pleasure in assisting in a child’s development and the use of imagination by through creative play, such as painting, drawing, printing and crafts. My younger sister is also autistic and I continually assisted in her care as we grew up in a single parent household, and I believe this has contributed to my patient, thoughtful and caring personality. I am very organised, diligent, tidy, loyal and always punctual. I have excellent communication skills and high proficiency in English. I am also TEFL certified (Teaching English as a Foreign Language), and I am very happy to tutor children under my care in English, and I have been working in a secondary school over the last year. I have gained a lot of extra qualifications relating to childcare whilst working at the school, including EduCare (Tes) certificates in Autism, ADHD and Dyslexia Awareness and Safeguarding Young People, among others. I also recently completed a First Aid in the Workplace day course. I am currently living near Lewes, but I am soon to move to Worthing in the next few weeks, as my partner and I are buying our first flat there.
In my spare time I enjoy painting, photography, drawing, jewellery making and printing. I also sell some of my work online and through a gallery in Brighton. I love to visit galleries and museums, and I spend much of my spare time reading, swimming, cycling and enjoying the outdoors.
I have many years experience caring for young children, including previously working as an Au Pair in Paris for a few months. The children were aged 2, 4 and 7, and I would take them to and collect them from nursery and school and often take them to after-school classes. I would collect the youngest child from nursery around midday (when she would require a midday nap, so I’d use this time to tidy, clean and prepare food etc). I would also fit in food shopping around the children’s schedules (before collecting from school), and take them to the park, on days out and cultural trips, and would organise fun activities at home including painting, crafts and creative play.
I also previously worked as a carer for a 10 year old boy with cerebral palsy who is also a wheelchair user and requires specialist care. I would assist him with reading, eating and using the bathroom, and plan fun activities and sometimes day trips, often using public transport, and with his younger sister. I have had 3 other temporary positions over summer holidays with children aged from 4-10 years old, and also worked with primary school children as a volunteer teaching assistant for 10 months.
In several of my previous roles, I have had end-of-day discussions with parents to update them on the day and anything else I needed to pass over. When this hasn’t been possible, I have always been flexible and more than happy to communicate over text, emails or calls to fit in with the parents.
I like to take children under my care to play in the park, or to get outside in some capacity and enjoy the fresh air and a good run around. Rest, quiet time and play is also important after a long school day, and I personally read a lot, and love to read to and with children to encourage their development. I also have a background in visual arts, and have spent many fun hours drawing, painting, printing, sculpting and building impressive dens whilst nannying!
September - October 2015
- I took care of two children (boy 7 and girl 4) over a few months in this part-time position.
- I collected the children from nursery and school and often took them to the park and organised fun after-school activities both in and out of the house.
- I prepared and cooked dinner, helped out with bathtime, and regularly babysat in the evenings. During this time, I also worked part-time at Lawrence’s Art Supplies in Hove for a two month period on a part-time basis.
June - September 2015
- I looked after three children (boy 4, girl 18 months and girl 11 weeks old) over a few months in this temporary, fixed-term position.
- I generally worked alongside the children's Mother, although often in other rooms of the house with the children, and I was responsible for their sole care on several occasions.
- The children had differing needs in terms of both care and play, and I was able to adjust quickly between them.
- I also helped out a lot around the house with laundry, washing and tidying the play room.
Voluntary Assistant - Curiosity Hub (Creative Tech workshops for children), Brighton
May - August 2015
- I really enjoyed spending time volunteering at Curiosity Hub workshops locally. Run at community centres and maker spaces, I assisted with classes involving basic programming, animation, making robots using Lego Education packs, and HTML web pages.
Voluntary Teaching Assistant - Elm Grove Primary School, Brighton
March - December 2011
- I supported both teachers of both a year 2 and a year 3 class and gained responsibilities within the classroom, helping with reading, writing and during art lessons.
- I also worked regularly on an individual basis with pupils requiring LSS support. From this enjoyable voluntary experience, I learnt a lot about the varying needs of individuals and the different paces at which children and adults alike work, learn and require support.
Santa’s Helper Supervisor - Santa’s Grotto, The Galleries, Bristol
Christmas seasons of 2007 and 2008
- I helped supervise children and parents waiting in queues, worked on the till and in the stockroom and I was responsible for cashing up and in charge of keys and the security radio.
- I really enjoy working with children, and found making the experience as magical as possible thoroughly rewarding.
BA (HONS) – Illustration: Grade 2.1
The University of the West of England, Bristol, 2005-2008
BTEC Art and Design Foundation
City College, Brighton, 2004-2005
A-Levels: Fine Art Painting: A, English Literature: B, Archaeology: B
A/S-Level: Art History: A
Varndean College, Brighton, 2002-2004
9 GCSEs A* - C grades
Dorothy Stringer High School, Brighton, 1997-2002
MyTEFL 120 hour Teaching English as a Foreign Language course
EduCare (Tes) courses in:
Health and Safety in Education
First Aid Essentials
Safeguarding Young People
Child Protection in Education
Fire Safety in Education
Mental Wellbeing in Children and Young People
An Introduction to Risk Assessment
First Aid in the Workplace Certified
I am ideally looking for a permanent Nanny position, but I would be more than happy to consider temporary as well, and ideally at least 2 days per week. Otherwise I don’t have many specific requirements and due to many years experience working in childcare, I am very flexible with fitting in with different family’s needs and requirements.
Please don’t hesitate to contact me with any further questions, and I look forward to hearing from you!
|Last Updated: 22/08/2020|
- Babysitting from £9.00 per hour
- Nannying from £9.00 per hour (gross)
From £9 per hour dependant on requirements.
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Seadown School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Davison Church of England High School for Girls, Worthing
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Lyndhurst Infant School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Chesswood Junior School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Springfield Infant School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Lancing College Preparatory School at Worthing
No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.