Nanny in York
Babysitter in York
Usually responds within 12 hours
Female Member since Jan 2019 Last Updated Jan 2022 Last Login 23 Jun 2022
Hello I’m Alicia. I am hard working, adaptable and have great time management skills.
I am passionate about working with children. I am able to deliver a safe, whilst engaging environment for all children. I understand child development and enjoy playing my role in giving them the best possible start in life.
I am intelligent and responsible. I have a playfulness about me which I have found works well with children enabling them to do the same.
I was brought up in the Hebrides and also speak Gaelic with English being my first fluent language.
I graduated in 2018 from drama school, with an acting and dance degree.
My hobbies include walking, reading, dancing, babysitting for close friends and relatives, going to watch theatre and spending time with my friends.
I can provide fun and educational activities preparing children for and supporting them through school, working on letters, numbers, reading, writing, homework, and lots of other areas.
I also love arts and crafts, den building, board games and happy to find lots of indoor activities to do when the weather isn’t so great!
Please note I’m currently only excepting AD HOC style roles
During my career I have had employment and experience in David Lloyd’s clubs, children’s education and princess parties, in which I undertook varied roles providing weekend entertainment for up to 30 children. Within this role my responsibilities included: - Conducting safety checks and safeguarding children during two hour parties - Singing, dancing and teaching adventure stories via movement.
-Babysitting/nanny experience working for a local York family with a 2 year old Girl, Days out 1 on 1, making dinners for her, roleplay and educational development, nappy changing, story times.
Nanny to 3&5 year old boys in York
Exciting 1-1 play and messy play
Fun planned days out
Games and educational games
Signing, Dancing, Exploring
Late night babysitting
- I have stayed in touch with this family as their children move on to school and I now AD HOC nanny on occasions
Babysitting my own family from young age
-Over night babysitting experience
-Trained children’s entertainer (3 years)
-Driving licence and Car
-First Aider at Work
I have also worked as a supply teacher for the last few years in areas of drama and dance, as-well as covering for year 2’s on all subjects.
I have recently nannied in a home school environment, and due to return on a AD HOC basis to teach drama and movement.
I am the second oldest in a family of 6 sisters. Now the younger ones being 5, 8 ,10 ,16. I have been around children from a very young age and helping with my own sisters development is where I have learnt the most.
I have always been taught to use my own innovative and to do little jobs that needs doing around the house from a young age i.e emptying a dishwasher or hoovering if noticing it needs doing.
I’ve also worked for CBBC, and appeared in Christmas pantomimes across the U.K
BA Honours Degree in Acting | The Academy Of Live and Recored Arts
BTEC National Level 3 Extended Diploma in Performing Arts (Musical Theatre)
A* A* A
English Literature A*
English Language A*
Sport science A*
All training completed in 2020
Dyslexia Awareness | Level 2
Concussion Awareness | Level 2
Digital Resilience | Level 2
Food Hygiene and Safety | Level 2
ADHD Awareness | Level 2
Fire Safety in Education | Level 2
Effective First Aid Management | Level 2
Child Protection | Level 2
Effective Safeguarding practice | Level 2
Safeguarding Children | Level 2
Safeguarding Young People | Level 2
Speech,Language Communication | Level
The Send Code of Practice | Level 2
Guide to GDPR | Level 2
Workshop Leader experience
Private Tutor experience
Digital Marketing | Short corse
Full Clean UK driving Licence
Flexible/ Freelance - can do certain weekends that are needed.
|Last Updated: 24/01/2022|
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
- Nannying from £15.00 per hour (gross)
My fees are flexible depending on the kind of care required/ age and number of children/ time of day or night.
- DBS Check (added 31/10/2020)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Children | Health and Social Care | Level 2 (added 02/07/2020)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Young People. (added 30/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Child Protection | Level 2 (added 27/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: effective safeguarding practice (added 27/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: speech, language and communication Level 2 (added 26/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Fire and Safety in Education (added 26/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Food Hygiene and Safety Level 2 (added 26/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Digital Resilience Level 2 (added 26/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: ADHD Awareness Level 2 (added 26/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Dyslexia awareness Level 2 (added 25/06/2020)
- Training Certificate: Concussion Awareness Level 2 (added 25/06/2020)
- Exam Certificate: Being Safe - Effective First Aid Management (added 25/06/2020)
- Full CV (added 23/06/2020)
- UK Driving Licence (added 23/06/2020)
No reviews have been submitted for this Nanny.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.