Hello, I'm an Ofsted Registered and inspected childminder, who also previously had to take the BIG step in searching for childcare for my own daughter. I adhere to Ofsted's adult to child ratio requirements. I understand the concerns and questions you may have, in order to feel secure in the fact that you have to rely and trust someone else to care for and protect your child. Please see below a bit of information about me, my family and my setting. Should you require any further information or would like to have a look at my setting, please do not hesitate to contact me.
• I live with my wonderful husband and our young daughter. We both hold an advanced DBS certificate (Criminal Record Check)
• We're a bi-lingual family (English and Afrikaans). I can also teach your child basic Makaton sign language, in order for them to communicate their basic needs from a very early stage. Flashcards are used to show the children the lay out of our day in order for them to visually understand what will happen next.
• We live close to Swiss Gardens Primary school, town centre, public transport links, parks, the beach, river, children centres, library and easy to get to from motorways.
• School runs can include: Swiss Gardens Pre- and Primary school, Happy Hours Pre-school, Sunshine day nursery. Other local schools on request.
• Our house is extremely child friendly. Two rooms are available for younger children for nap times. Travel cots as well as clean bedding are available. Each room is equipped with a smoke alarm and a baby monitor.
• We live in a no-smoking environment
• The whole ground floor is a play area, leading out to a garden with a playhouse, mud kitchen, bikes etc. I follow the Early Years Foundation Stage guidelines. We learn through play and fun educational activities. We visit certain groups during the week to encourage social skills; to make your child feel part of the community and learn to respect people from different cultures/backgrounds.
* I do take children to Forest school if all the parents of children sharing a session, agrees to it.
• Activities are both child-led as well as adult-led.
• I work Monday – Friday and am flexible on hours for parents who work unsociable hours.
• I’m a member of PACEY (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years)
• I’m registered for overnight care, weekend care, babysitting and care in your own home occasionally.
• I’m also a member of a childminding network - Buttercup. Cover could be arranged with your approval if necessary.
• Parents are informed of their child's day and development during hand over at the beginning and the end of a session.
• Can care for siblings of different ages (0-7 years and 8 years and above)
• I provide educational toys and encourage hygiene (toilet area had sensor taps and soap dispensers and each child has their own hand towel; we brush teeth after lunch etc)
• Travel cots, clean bedding and baby monitors are available for younger children for their nap times. Two rooms are available for this, in order for them to have a quiet place to rest.
• I have my own supply of pushchairs and other equipment available to ensure the safety of the children.
•. Breakfast is included in the hourly rate and is served between 07:00 - 8:30. A small morning snack (approx between 09:30 and 10:00) and small afternoon snack (approx between 15:30 - 16:00) are also included in the hourly rate.
• Lunch and Dinner are not included in my price. I do provide it for a small extra fee or preferably you could provide it yourself. I’m registered with my local council as a food provider, and may hence store meals you provide as well. My menus are available on request as well as a list of possible allergens (as per the Food Standards Agency).
• I have a full and clean driving license, although due to the close proximity of my setting to town center, transport links, library, children centres, schools etc. we walk to our destinations to get our daily exercise.
• Risk assessments are carried out for all our outings and all the areas in my setting your child will be exposed to. The Risk assessment file is available for your perusal on request.
• Regular fire drills are put into place where we test the fire and smoke alarms and evacuate from different areas in the house. An Emergency and Evacuation Policy is in place.
• There are ramps installed at all the doors.
• My Local Bill (SEND CODE - special education needs and disabilities) policy is available on request.
• All other Policies and Procedures are available on request to view at my setting.
• I do accept childcare vouchers
• Hold public liability insurance
• Vehicle insured for business use
• All household members over 16 have an advanced DBS certificate (Criminal Record Check)
• Am inspected by Ofsted to see that I am carrying out a childcare service to certain expectant standards the same as for nurseries and pre-schools
• Offer children activities meeting national frameworks – Early Years Foundation Stage
• Offer Free entitlement mainly term time only over 38 weeks
• Contract Agreements, Policies and paperwork will be required
Please contact me, Nadia Vermeulen, should you like to discuss my Policies and Procedures and for any further information.
• I’m a Parent myself and provided Early Years Childcare since 2013
• I'm a member of PACEY (Professional Association for Childcare and Early Learning)
• I’m a member of the local childminding network – Buttercup
•. I'm a member of ICO (Information Commissioner's Office) for data protection
• CYPOP5 diploma – Home based childcare for childminders and nannies. Part of a Level 3 Diploma
• 12 hour Peadiatric First Aid training for infants to adults (2013, 2016, 2018). Due every 3 years.
• Child Protection and Safeguarding Children (2013, 2016, 2019). Due every 3 years.
• Food and Hygiene course
• Risk Assessment course
• Manual Handling / Health and Safety course
• Parents as Partners
• Cultivating Creativity in Early Years
• Experiences and Interaction for under 3's
• Speech, Language and Communication in the Early Years
• Planning: Observations, Assessments and Next steps
• Exploring Dance and Movement
• Fine Motor Skills - Thinking out of the box
• 1,2,3,4, Foundations to Early Numeracy and More!
• 4 Steps to FLIP a Challenging Moment into a Learning Opportunity for Young Children
• Prevent Duty - Channel General Awareness Module
• Female Genital Mutilation Awareness
• Young children and Technology
• Supporting young learners with Autism
• Your Natural Playscape Makeover!
• Dr. Jean: Brain Breaks to help Students Move and Learn
• Helping Children Birth Through 5 Rebound from Traumatic Experiences
• "Mean" Behaviour and Aggression in Early Childhood: The Origins of Bullying
• Preschool Health and Safety Matters: Best Practices for Protecting and Supporting Young Learners
• Characteristics of Effective Learning and the EYFS
• Treasure baskets
• Individual planning and the EYFS
• Promoting positive behaviour
• Tracking progress
• Learning though play in the early years
• Transition to School
• Mark Making
• Outside play in the Early Years
• Preparing for Ofsted Inspection
• Physical Development
• Working with Parents
• Communication and Language development
• Early Maths
• Phonics for pre-school children
• Risk taking in the Early Years
• Reading in the Early Years
• Early Literacy
• English as an additional language
• Behaviour and two year olds
• Effective Early Learning Environments
• Risky Play
• Building a Learning Journey File
• General Data Protection Regulation
• Safeguarding and Welfare requirements
• Behaviour and Self-regulation
• Supporting Children’s Personal, Social and Emotional Development
• Ofsted Education Inspection Framework 2019 and what it means for childminders by Wendy Ratcliff
• Early Years Inspection from September 2019 - Sarah Neville
• Learning walks (new to inspections from September 2019) - Sarah Neville
• Cultural Capital
• Working with babies
• Working with 1 - 2 year olds
I currently have the following spaces available:
Before school / breakfast spaces - Monday to Friday - Please contact me for availability.
Available full day spaces: Please contact me for availability. Ad hoc childcare available as and when required, depending on my availability and ratios. Mon - Fri.
•. 7am - 17:30/18:00 - flexible should you require different hours
• Babysitting, Weekend care, Overnight care
• I provide before and after school care and could do school runs to Swiss Gardens Pre- and Primary school, Happy Hours Pre-school and Sunshine day nursery. Other local schools on request.
Please contact me to discuss.
|Last Updated: 26/10/2019|
- Babysitting from £7.10 per hour
- Childminding from £5.60 per hour
Please contact me, as fees varies per service provided for example childminding, babysitting, overnight, weekend care etc.
My Local Schools
This childminder has not yet informed us whether or not they provide any drop off or pick up services at local schools.
No reviews have been submitted for this Childminder.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.