• I am happy person enjoys working with children
• I am active, responsible, calm, organized and punctual
* I have over 9 years of experience as an Ofsted registered childminder
• Professionally I am an Accountant with 15 years of working experience in Asia and Middle East and Further
5 years of experience as an Imports/Exports and Account Coordinator in England.
• Now I have a new life working from home helping and supporting children in their early childhood learning.
• British/ Sri Lankan Dual Citizenship holder
• Over 9 years of experience as an Ofsted registered childminder
• I have experience working with many children age over 5 months to 13 years
• Children in my care are incredibly happy and knowledgeable. They gain experience and knowledge in all
the areas of EYES (Early Years Foundation Stage), as I am making them ready for the school.
• Car owner and Full UK driving Licence holder (Clean) for over 10 years.
• Full time childcare from age 5 months and over
• 15 Hours free childcare for eligible 2-year-old children
• 15 or 30 Hours free childcare for eligible 3-4 year old children
• Holiday time care for children 6 month and over
• School pickups and drop off
1. Rosetta Primary school, E16 (Subject to availability)
2. St. Joachim’s Primary School, E16 (Subject to availability)
3. Calverton Primary School, E16 (Subject to availability)
4. Scott Wilkie Primary School, E16 (Subject to availability)
Why my childcare setting is the best for you as a parent and your child?
• Graded “Outstanding” by London Borough of Newham
• Flexible Childcare
• Competitive Rates
• Homely environment
• Terrace House with Outdoor garden
• No other households except childminder
• No Smoking and no Pets
* Very good transport link to my childminding setting (Bus routes 241,325,147,300,473 and Custom House
and Prince Regent DLR stations are minutes away).
• Follow Key worker approach (My setting is amid at enabling and supporting close attachments between
individual children and childminder)
• Children has access to extremely rich environment with indoor and outdoor activities, visits to Local Farm,
Library, Baby and Toddler group at Local Children’s centres, local parks, and Royal Docks ect
• Plans mix of activities, Adult- led (Play opportunities set up by childminder for children to discover) and child
initiated (Play in which children choose what and how to play and who to play with).
• Every child has an individual “Learning journey” folder which contains observations, planning and
assessments with the photographs as evidence for the activities, 2-year-old progress checks, Development
and Tracking documents to monitor child’s progress.
• Every child has their own writing book and encourage children to do writing every day. Parents can see
child’s progress from mark making as a baby to when child copy a small story book when they are 3 -4
• I am a single person and I spend all my time with the children helping and supporting them in their learning.
• DBS (Disclosure and Barring service) checked registered for Update service
• Edexcel Diploma Level 5 in Leadership for Health and Social Care and Children and Young People’s
• Edexcel Diploma Level 3 in Children and Young people workforce (Early Learning and Child Childcare)
• Diploma in Child Care Level 3 (NCFE – Grade- Distinction)
• Combined Paediatric First Aid and Emergency First Aid at Work
• Designated Safeguard & Prevention Duty Officer Level 3 (Early Intervention Services – London Borough of
• Food Hygiene and Safety – Level 2
• Health and Safety - Level 2
• Promoting positive behaviour in Yearly Years settings -London Borough of Newham
• Autism Awareness - London Borough of Newham
• Up to date with all the mandatory trainings
• Member of PACEY (The Professional Association for Childcare and Early Years), Member of childminding
Network (Canning Town and Custom House – London Borough of Newham)
Week Days, Evenings, Week ends , 2year old free child care, 3 & 4 year old free childcare subject to availability,
|Last Updated: 13/03/2021|
- Babysitting from £9.00 per hour
- Childminding from £5.00 per hour
My Local Schools
- Ofsted Certificate (added 25/12/2020)
Below are the latest reviews for Depu. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Deepika is a professional child minder who is child centered and caring , my son has been with Deepika since January 2019 he is was approx 8months , Deepika planned the settling in according to his needs, taken into account my anxieties as a parent returning to work, whilst being considerate of all of the children in her setting. Deepika ensure she became familiar with his routine and was/is respectful of my way of parenting and what is important to me as a mother.
Deepika is a first rate child minder, my son is always smiling and happy to be left in her care, he is taken on outings, introduce to new resources daily and encouraged to follow a routine. All of the children in her setting are well behaved . I have had no concerns since he has been in her care, Deepika is always informative and her communication is excellent always giving me time to speak about any issues I or she may half, Deepika is respectful of parents opinions.
First rate child care!
My daughter who is now 4 years old has been with Deepika since 1.5 years of age. My daughter LOVES her. Whenever I drop my daughter off to Deepika my daughter is smiling, laughing and hugging Deepika. Before going to sleep my daughter always asks if the next day we will go to Deepika’s house. That is how much my daughter is attachted to Deepika. Talking about my daughter’s development, Deepika plays a massive part in it. My daughter has learnt not only to be polite saying words like ‘pardon me’, ‘no, thank you’, ‘yes, please’ but also she constantly learns letters and numbers. My daughter can spell her full name as well as write it. Additionally, she learnt almost all of the alphabet and can count.
At Deepika’s the kids are always learning new nursery rhymes. Doing all sorts of crafting for various celebrations which my daughter really enjoys. Deepika and kids spend a lot of time outside. They go to the farm, parks, playground and other places always exploring new things. Moreover, Deepika always encourages my daughter to be as independant as possible doing such things like putting on clothes, going to the toilet, tyding up etc. Although Deepika is a loving childminder, she can be firm too if needed. If kids are misbehaving she will tell them that they should not behave like that and they would listen to her.
Therefore, for anyone who is looking for childminder, Deepika is the best and that is exactly why my daughter is still with her.
Deepika has been looking after my daughters for almost 2 years now and i can confidenly say she is doing an extremly great job caring for them everyday. I go to work knowing my kids are in competent hands hence i do not worry about them not being cared for while am away. My children enjoy every day they spends at her place and it has become a second home to them. Am particularly impressed with Deepika helping my 2 yr old identify Alphabeths, numbers and spellings and also helping my 6yr old with her writting and reading.
She is friendly, very professional and the children she looks after loves her. She has been of great support to my family and I highly recommend her.
I was in need of childcare again and so I returned to Depu. My daughter has made a massive improvement with her talking and her confidence around other children. Depu is always motivated and always does the best to make sure the kids have fun and don’t miss out on activities. Depu has been so supportive of my circumstances and very understanding which is why I would always recommend her. The kids all get along so well with her and are always excited to go to her.
I was nervous about my children leaving the nursery setting and staying with a childminder because I thought they won't learn as much. Depu proved me wrong I was so surprised at how much confidence my children gained in just a couple of weeks. She did so much with them such as reading writing and playing games. As soon as they would enter her house they would run off and start playing, that's how comfortable my children were with her. I'm happy that I chose depu to care for my children. Not only was she there for the children but she also was there for me and my husband and we could talk to her about anything! She was more than just a childminder she became a family friend and we will always go back to depu if we need to.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.