Hi! I am a 33 year old girl from Spain. I am an experienced nanny with 15 years of experience. I am a very committed , patient and reliable person who loves spending valuable time with children as I love their company. I am very adventurous too so I like going on outings, trips, exploring parks, libraries, cinema etc. I have worked in a couple of nurseries in different rooms (baby room, 12-18 months and 2-3 years old). Occasionally, due to lack of staff, I covered the preschool age group. On top of that, I worked as au au pair for 2 years.
Please feel free to read through the references written by parents who I have worked with and do not hesitate to ask any questions.
I am a qualified teacher(QTS) too at Infant, Primary and Secondary levels. Happy to teach some Spanish too.
October 2014- present
Teaching Spanish on a regular basis and helping with after school support ( Reception and Years 1, 2 and 3)
December 2022- present
In this period of time, I have been offering my services as a part time nanny ( set hours on a regular basis) and as emergency and evening babysitter( from time to time) to a few families.
June 2021 - Teaching Assistant & 1-1 St Luke’s C of E Primary School
I became as a TA in that amazing school covering Year 1 and Year2. Some of my roles and responsibilities were:
1. Getting the classroom ready for lessons
2. Listening to children read, reading to them or telling them stories
3. Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
4. Helping teachers to plan learning activities and complete records
5. Supporting teachers in managing class behaviour
6. Supervising group activities
7. Looking after children who are upset or have had accidents
8. Clearing away materials and equipment after lessons
9. Taking part in training
I have worked one-to-one, while others work in small groups and I focused on doing some Maths assessments, reading and writing.
September 2019- March 2020 QUALIFIED NURSERY PRACTITIONER AT WEST CAMBRIDGE DAY NURSERY, EDDINGTON.
2018-2019 PART TIME NANNY FOR A PRIVATE FAMILY
• Looking after the children’s needs, welfare, development and health and safety
• Supervision of the children
• Exercise, teaching and training
• Playing with the children
• Encouraging development in skills such as reading, writing, arithmetic, drawing, music, dressing, telling the time etc
• Taking the children to and from play and music groups, school
• Preparing and cooking the children’s meals
• Keeping the children’s nursery, bedrooms and bathroom clean and tidy every day
• Laundry and ironing of the children’s clothes and bedding
2017-2018 EARLY YEARS PRACTITIONER CASTLE NURSERY MARKENFIELD, GUILDFORD
• motivate and stimulate a child's learning abilities, often encouraging learning through experience
• provide pastoral care and support to children and give them with a secure learning environment
• assist with the development of a child's personal, social, language and physical coordination abilities
• develop and produce visual aids and teaching resources
• encourage mathematical and creative development through stories, songs, games, drawing and imaginative play
• help children develop curiosity and knowledge
• work with others, including teaching assistants and nursery nurses as well as volunteer helpers, to plan and coordinate work both indoors and outdoors
• share knowledge gained with other practitioners and build and maintain relationships with parents
• observe, assess and record each child's progress
• ensure the health and safety of children and staff is maintained during all activities, both inside and outside the nursery or school
• keep up to date with changes in the curriculum and developments in best practice.
November 2014 – 2016 AU PAIR Guildford.
As an Au Pair I look after two children, aged 3 and 4, while their parents are at work. One of my main responsibilities is to make sure the children arrive on time to school and nursery, as well as picking them up on time. I am also responsible for taking them to different playgroups, keeping them safe, and organizing their meals. I also help around the house by keeping it tidy and clean. Being an Au Pair requires me to work in cunjuction with the parents in order to plan the week ahead and have everything under control. It is a job that requires me to be highly responsibile, which I find it very exciting and challenging.
I am a QTS teacher and I offer spanish lessons
I hold a first aid certificate too.
|Last Updated: 27/10/2023|
- Babysitting from £18.00 per hour
- Nannying from £18.00 per hour (net)
PRIVATE TUTOR: feel free to contact me to discuss it further.
My Local Schools
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at St Matthew's Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Ridgefield Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at St Philip's CofE Aided Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at Morley Memorial Primary School
- I provide drop offs and pick ups at The Stephen Perse Foundation
- I provide drop offs at Coleridge Community College
- DBS Check (added 19/02/2023)
- First Aid Certificate (added 22/01/2023)
- EU Driving Licence (added 22/01/2023)
Below are the latest reviews for Karla. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Karla babysat for us for the first time yesterday. She quickly bonded with my 1 and 3 year old daughters who took an immediate liking to her. She was super confident and professional and had no issue doing kids dinner and putting them to bed having only met them that evening. Will be working with Karla again!
Karla babysat my son some afternoons and evenings after nursery who was 1 at the time. She was wonderful, professional and caring. My son adored her and I was very sad when she moved away as having Karla babysit him put my mind at total rest when working late. I would recommend without reservation!
Karla has babysat our daughter and I was impressed at how quickly our little girl warmed to her . Karla was very professional and we would happily work with Karla again!
I needed a sitter on short notice during a work trip to Cambridge and Karla came to the rescue! She was on the floor playing with my son right away and he had a great time with her. She was also very professional and efficient — she knew exactly what she needed to know before I walked out the door.
We were very happy with Karla who baby sat our two boys for a few years. She was reliable, professional, positive and trustworthy.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.