A Home To Grow Childminders
Childminder in London
Babysitter in London
CURRENT VACANCIES AVAILABLE
1 After school care for schools: Ark Franklin Academy and Ark Brunel
Welcome to our page and we hope you like what you read,
My name is Lydia and I offer an Ofsted registered childminder service from my lovely home in Queen's Park, London W10. I have been a childminder since 2011 and working with children for 18 years.
I am joined each day by my two lovely assistants who I adore and the children do too. Together, we are ’A Home to Grow' and have been a setting for 6 years.
Each day children get to experience creative play amongst our many toys and enjoy group learning active to teach life skills, academics or about the world. We email you a log each day to show what the children have been doing and email photos each week. Children become very excited to see what we do each day! We enjoy lots of messy play and have daily story times, sing songs and trips to the park, play groups or library.
I am a fully registered OFSTED childminder and have been individually awarded the highest rating OUTSTANDING. I have recent First Aid, Food Hygiene and Child Protection training.
I have many years experience of working in schools, nurseries and various children's charities and absolutely love working with children of all ages and believe we offer an environment that reflects this, full of fun, active and educational activities.
I am a level 4 higher level teaching assistant with a level 3 distinction in Child Development and Education. We do many educational adult-led activities and child led free-play on a daily basis which develops areas of learning in literacy, communication, physical exercise, crawling and walking, pen control, numeracy, art and design, knowledge of the World, personal, social and emotional development.
My cosy Victorian home is adapted to contain a learning nursery room, lounge for rest, dining area and a safe back garden. We have lots of resources for all age groups including a fully stocked nursery room, play house, activity sheets, toys, games and baby equipment.
I have two lovely, well-mannered daughters aged seventeen and fourteen years old and a very sweet miniature dog. My daughters are wonderful, sweet girls who play with the children when they are available. Lauryn is training to be a doctor, achieved 12 A's on her GCSE's and has completed work experience at Charing Cross Hospital. Tia is training to be a vet and already has a distinction in small animal care level 3. I am a loving mum but I do adore academics and being productive! I also live with my partner who is a lawyer in the city and although he isn't home when children are here, he is DBS checked.
Open weekdays 8am - 6.15pm for children aged 4 months to 10 years.
We are very excited for you to come and visit us soon!!
|Last Updated: 17/03/2017|
- Childminding from £8.00 per hour
- Babysitting from £10.00 per hour
£65 per day includes 3 meals, 2 snacks and all bottled water and milk.
No extra charges. Childcare employee vouchers or 15 hour free education grants are accepted. We are open all year round except bank holidays and for 2 weeks over Christmas.
My Local Schools
This member has provided us with electronic copies of the following documents that have been reviewed by Childcare.co.uk and are held on file. The documents have been certified by the member as being true and accurate. We recommend you ask to see original copies of the documents before you hire them in order verify the true accuracy for yourself.
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Young People (added 22/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Being Safe - Effective First Aid Management in your Setting (added 20/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Equality and Inclusion in Early Years Settings (added 20/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Successful Budgeting in your Early Years Setting (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Setting up your Childminder Service (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Reflective Practise in the Early Years (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Promoting Positive Behaviour (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Preventing Bullying (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Improving Children's Learning Through Play (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Level 2 Health and Safety (added 19/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Supporting Early Language Development (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Fire Safety in Education (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Equality and Diversity (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Data Protection (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Child Protection in Sport and Active Leisure (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Child Neglect (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Characteristics of Effective Leaders (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: An Introduction to Child Exploitation (added 16/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Sustained Shared Thinking in Early Years (added 14/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: The Prevent Duty in an Early Years Environment (added 14/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Understanding Children's Rights (added 14/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Level 3 Child Protection (added 14/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Child Accident Prevention (added 14/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Basic Awareness of Child and Adult Sexual Exploitation (added 14/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Awareness of Child Abuse and Neglect - Foundation (added 13/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Early Help Assessment Training (added 11/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: A New Approach to Child Poverty (added 11/03/2017)
- Training Certificate: Awareness of FGM, Forced Marriage, Spirit Possession and Honour-based Violence (added 09/03/2017)
- DBS Check (added 20/02/2017)
- UK Passport (added 20/02/2017)
- UK Driving Licence (added 20/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Level 3 Teaching Assistant (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Teaching Assistant Diploma (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Level 3 Learning, Childcare and Development (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Level 2 Numeracy (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Level 2 Literacy (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Childminding Practice Course (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Counselling Diploma (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Level 4 Higher Teaching Assistant (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Higher Level Teaching Assistant Diploma (added 17/02/2017)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 17/02/2017)
- Training Certificate: Homestart (added 17/02/2017)
- Training Certificate: Foster Care Training (added 17/02/2017)
- Training Certificate: Childline 75 Hour Service (added 17/02/2017)
- Exam Certificate: Childline 75 Hour Service (added 17/02/2017)
- Reference (added 17/02/2017)
- Training Certificate: Safeguarding Children (added 17/02/2017)
- First Aid Certificate (added 17/02/2017)
- Ofsted Certificate (added 17/02/2017)
Below are the latest reviews for A Home To Grow. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
After visiting a few well chosen childminders and nurseries I realised that many are nice but there is an instinctive reaction when you know you have find the best one. These childminders have the special extra!
As soon as I walked in it felt warm and cosy and I could here nothing but gentle giggling. The children were all seated around the kitchen table painting and they were making a lot of mess but it was so calm and the children were so visibly happy and content that I felt an inner peace. I knew I wanted my precious baby to join them.
As I was chatting with the main childminder (who was so lovely she really made me feel better about going back to work), another child was dropped off and after saying goodbye to her mum, she ran in all excitedly. She was so happy to play with her friends and went running straight up to everyone shouting good morning at them, skipping and jumping happily.
If I was a child, I would want to go here! I am hoping my baby can start as soon as I arrange my reintegration back to work.
What can I say?!
Such a wonderful environment for my child. My daughter is always happy there.
The nursery room is fantastically creatively designed with a rainforest theme which delights my daughter daily and there are toys bulging out of every inch of the room. Lydia and Yohana are always singing and smiling, the children adore them and I do too!!
I would love to be there if I was a youngster. I cannot sing their praises more and the delicious smells of the evening meal as I collect my daughter always makes me wish I could join in!
We left our son four days a week for a year with Lydia and Dale and his progress and development within that time was outstanding. He made lots of very close friends and we will all really miss everyone at A Home to Grow, thank you so much for everything you have done!! xx
My son is attending A Home To Grow 1 year almost. Excellent place. I am so grateful to Lydia and Dale for attention, care and love which they are giving. I feel very calm and safe about my son. Thank you for your help always.
I was dreading going back to work but I needn’t have worried as our daughter loves everyday she spends with Lydia and Dale. They provide a warm, nurturing and fun environment which is clear to see from my daughter’s excitement on arriving each morning!
Lydia sends us daily diaries and weekly photos to keep us informed of what they have been up to and eaten each day (3 meals, plus 2 snacks are provided which makes life so much easier not having to provide a packed lunch!)
I couldn't recommend A Home To Grow enough, my daughter is so happy there.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references.. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.