I am a well spoken, warm, kind, highly experienced sole charge British nanny with boundless energy and professional experience from newborn upwards. I am a mum of two myself and I know how important it is to find the right childcare and feel confident in leaving your children with the right person. I come with excellent references and am known by the families I’ve been lucky enough to join for being their ‘Mary Poppins.’ I am often found playing pirates, princesses or stuck at the top of a climbing frame surrounded by children, I have been told by my charges that I can do a mean American accent and a super ‘princess’ voice. I don't just like to read a story, I like to bring every character to life. I absolutely ADORE my job and find it so rewarding.
I am committed to child development and safety and learning through play. I follow the OFSTED guidelines for Early Years. (Updated 2021.) I’m a great believer in open ended resources and child led activities. A cardboard box isn’t just a box - it could be a space ship, shopping trolley, car or a house!
I am very confident supporting children with additional needs. I have in depth experience working with children with ASD using a variety of communication methods, regulation techniques, as well as using sensory discovery, speciality massage and more!
I have tutoring experience and have worked with children needing additional school support and GDD.
I have also had experience supporting children with Type 1 Diabetes, serious life threatening allergies and can handle an epi-pen.
I am currently employed half the week as a sole charge nanny for a wonderful baby and half the week as a Teaching Assistant in a reception class.
In my previous role, I worked for an OFSTED outstanding setting as an Early Years Educator, which included a session a week at Forest School. I have a current enhanced DBS check, full clean driving licence, own car and a current paediatric first aid certificate.
On a personal level, I speak both Spanish and English. I have a huge passion for playing netball - I play for a local team and really look forward to all my games! I also love skiing and am no happier than when in the snowy Alps. I am an outdoorsy person and love muddy walks, bike rides, trips to the beach and exploring the countryside, equally I am confident keeping children warm and cosy inside on winter days, playing educational games, doing arts and crafts and baking! I have an adorable puppy called Rosie that has completed our happy home.
Professional Nanny experience for many years backed up with references to include:
• Cooking and preparing nutritious meals
• Changing nappies, making bottles, dressing the child daily
• Confident in guiding the child through each developmental stage, working with parents every step of the way - celebrating milestones and encouraging children’s development
• Household management/ PA jobs including but not limited to: grocery shopping, errands, diary organising, taking children to dentist/doctors/hairdressers/after school clubs, children's laundry, organizing the child's wardrobe
• Homework help and support - reading, phonics and numeracy coaching
• Creating a safe and stimulating environment for the child - in the moment planning and forward planning, working inline with the EYFS guidelines
• Focusing on child development and learning through fun - encouraging messy play and exploration whilst using open ended materials as much as possible
• Arranging a routine and implementing toilet training and sleep training
• Taking child on trips and to activities, clubs and play dates all around the area using my own car
• Creating a daily photo diary and detailed journal for parents
• Occasional nighttime babysitting that involved a full bedtime routine and proxy parenting on occasion when parents were abroad
• Full nursery duties
Early Years Educator role:
• Safeguarding of children paramount at all times
• Experience working in the baby room, preschool room and the forest school
• Always promoting the British Values
• Key worker to several children – confident in their next steps, able to support and nurture them through their nursery journey
• Weekly, daily and in the moment planning
• Strong working knowledge of EYFS and the CoeL
• Leading carpet sessions – phonics, numeracy, topical
• Using all opportunities for extensions to learning
• Detailed observations on my key children using tapestry – linked to EYFS and COEL
• Excellent communication with parents – through parents evenings, written reports, progress calls and in person
• Working to support those children with SEN
• Always getting down on the child’s level
• Leading by example – modelling language, behaviour and adherence to rules
• Encouraging child-led play
• Supporting children to be independent, confident and school ready
• Always enthusiastic, approachable, calm and yet full of energy
Full UK Driving Licence
FULL ENHANCED DBS - on the update service
Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate - valid until November 2023
Diploma - Teaching Skills for Educators
British Sign Language - Stage One
Sign Language for Babies Certificate
Child Safeguarding Level 2
Teaching Assistant Certificate Level 3
Supporting Early Language Development - Level 2
Child Protection Certificate
Working with Students with SEN Certificate
I am available at short notice for emergency childcare, overnight care and can support online or in-house for extra home learning support for Early Years and KS1. I have some school holiday availability.
|Last Updated: 09/06/2022|
- Nannying from £15.00 per hour (gross)
My Local Schools
- Proof of Covid-19 Vaccination (added 05/05/2022)
- Exam Certificate: Diploma in Teaching (added 14/05/2021)
- Exam Certificate: Early Years Sign Language Certificate (added 14/05/2021)
- Exam Certificate: Child Protection Certificate (added 14/05/2021)
- DBS Check (added 14/05/2021)
- UK Driving Licence (added 14/05/2021)
- Training Certificate: Supporting Early Language Development - Level 2 certificate (added 14/05/2021)
- First Aid Certificate: First Aid (added 03/04/2021)
- Exam Certificate: Safeguarding children (added 24/01/2021)
Below are the latest reviews for Nannyhan. Please note that reviews represent the subjective opinions of other Childcare.co.uk users and not of Childcare.co.uk. Parents must carry out their own checks and references on childcare providers to ensure that they are completely happy before enaging in the use of their services.
Hannah is such a wonderful person and fantastic at her job. She is absolutely brilliant with our daughter, who adores her. I love hearing the things they get up to and Hannah will go above and beyond to help and advise if needed. Our daughter and Hannah have a lovely bond, which I believe has helped her so much through the years. I cannot recommend Hannah enough, her shining, bubbly and uplifting personality is just brilliant for children to be around!
Response by Nannyhan on 17/05/2021:
Seeing your precious daughter bloom and grow into the confident, chatty girl she is, fills me with the greatest happiness. Thank you for your lovely review. 💕
Hannah is so professional, kind and most importantly.... FUN. My boys adore her and I completely understand why. Hannah helps reduce any anxiety / mum guilt by providing a loving, nurturing and cool atmosphere to play, learn and grow. I would highly recommend to anyone. X :)
Hannah is excellent with children from babies onwards! She is kind, playful and patient and I would highly recommend her.
You must be a registered parent and logged in to leave a review.
If you don't have an account then Register Free now.
This profile has been produced from information provided to us by the user. We have not verified or confirmed the accuracy of any of the information and members should undertake their own vigorous checks and references. Please ensure you read our Safety Advice and information on how to Check Childcare Provider Documents.